• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tennis, anyone?

Greg

Staff member
I haven't played in years, but spent a few summers playing a guy that was really good at it. I picked it up quick, but we sorta had a falling out and I haven't played since. Anyone else ever play?

I used to play alot of tennis when I was younger..I was actually 6th grade champion in Middle School. My Dad and I were members of a local tennis club with Clay courts and I took lessons there. I didn't play tennis in high school because it was everyday and in college I played quite a bit with friends and my girlfriend at the time. I most recently played Tennis back in July when my family and I were at Lake Anna Virginia. I played with my brother in law whose a decent player. My serve and volleys are good but my backhand is pretty weak. Tennis is definitely a great work-out but I feel like it's really high impact on your knees, hamstrings and ankles...I wouldn't want to injure myself playing Tennis and not be able to ski..The cool thing about Tennis is once you have a racket and balls..it's essentially free since there are courts in public parks and housing developments everywhere.

Paul

I was on the team in HS, and played on and off for a few years after. This is the first Summer in a long time that I picked-up my Yonnex and knocked a few balls around. My daughter became interested, so I got her a raquet and started teaching her the basics.

WJenness

Ha. No. More along the lines of me getting him a job and then him not taking it seriously.

I'm having that problem at the moment... :sad: so I know how that can go.

It kills me that he could be really good at this job if he just put a little effort in... but he can't even be bothered to show up on time when I don't bring him to work (he is my roommate).

-w

cbcbd

This thread makes me think of:

Played a little tennis in elementary school at a club... I remember that it kicked my a$$!! It is a great workout and lots of fun but I haven't had a chance to play it in a while.

MR. evil

I played quite a bit in highschool, but never on a team or anything. I had a really good serve and forehand. But no backhand what so ever. I eventually managed to learn a slice back-hand, but it was still pretty weak. My friends eventually learned to hit / serve to my back hand side for an easy point.

It is something I would like to get back into, but just don't enough time with all my other hobbies.

Rushski

Played my senior year in high school and moved all the way up to the second singles slot. Though I did get my ass kicked most matches.

Also regularly played once or twice a week a few years ago. rented a court for a specific time w/co-workers. Enjoyed it but got too caught up in Volleyball.

Haven't played in about five years...

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
My mom signed me up for lessons one summer. I went to the first lesson, got terribly frustrated :oops: and my 4 years younger sister took the rest of the lessons for me. I did much better with the volleyball lessons, honestly!