• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Thaw

Kingslug20

I know..fucking pure anxiety...and if i have to rent i have to change my boot soles...

Mainer

Absolutely brutal weather in the mwv. Hit 55 yesterday, torrential downpours last nite. Lost a ton of snow. Single digits tonight. I skied cranmore for a couple hours yesterday, they were digging out their snow guns. Hopefully they blast some trails. Tomorrow will be all time bad skiing. This ones gonna leave a mark, ouch.

• Sad
Reactions: Edd

Los

Mad river glen is closed today thanks to downpour… Whaleback too

Kingslug20

This sux...was barely raining on my drive from vt to ct....then it poured here last night..

mister moose

This sux...was barely raining on my drive from vt to ct....then it poured here last night..

When I drove up 103 was closed halfway from Chester to Gassets. Not sure why, but Police and Firemen were on the road. You had to go on back dirt roads to 10(?) and then to Gassets. And then it was a parade of 15 under the limit in foggy rain. Sometimes down to 20mph for no apparent reason. A bad drive up to ski bad conditions.

Mad River's summary today:
Had we known what the base area would look like at 3 a.m. we would have just organized a pond skim event for today…

MidnightJester

Ugly rain results so far. Killington just went from 150 trails down to 62 trail count. OUCH :(

snoseek

Alot of those trails would probably come back with an even moderate snow.

What's left after this is a super resilient layer of sorta snow. If I keeps raining in the next few weeks then that's a big problem but this isn't a total reset.

Reactions: Los

Newpylong

Mad river glen is closed today thanks to downpour… Whaleback too

Based on how little snow Whaleback made on anything but Spout proper, reopening in general is not going to be easy for then. Under the lift at the top was extremely thin.

Kingslug20

I think skiing in the rain at times...will be required..these days.

KustyTheKlown

massive indoor flooding at mad river. their Instagram literally has kegs flowing with moving water inside the lodge building

It’s sunny and warm at mission ridge Washington. groomers only. But a storm is coming.

slatham

Next Friday. Maybe. It's dangerous looking at storm #2 before storm #1 has occurred. But thats the hope. Unless storm #1 shifts south (note, it has shifted a bit on some models and could be more of a mix event rather than that we just experienced). We need March to deliver. And April for that matter.

Reactions: Los

drjeff

Mount Snow is lit up like a Christmas Tree with fan gun lights right now. Probably as many as I have seen operating at once all season.

Snow pack took a big hit. On the plus side my deck is now clear of the roughly 3" ice pack that had been on it since the ice storm 2 weeks ago..... Going to spend a little extra time with the tuning files tonight

Los

Based on how little snow Whaleback made on anything but Spout proper, reopening in general is not going to be easy for then. Under the lift at the top was extremely thin.
Yep - already assuming my daughter’s after school program will be cancelled next week…

They just never seemed to get it going this year. Like most years, unfortunately…

Poor whaleback. GREAT little mountain if there’s snow and the lift is running… both of which seem to be increasingly uncommon…

Mainer

I give props to u if you are skiing this weekend and you know what it will be like. At what point in a skiers life cycle does a person start going based upon conditions and lack of crowds. If it looks like shitty conditions and crowded, I’m out. But when I was a kid or young adult, I would go no matter what. But I can go whenever I want the last twenty years or so. My brother is a weekend warrior and this is the first year I’ve seen him say fuck that it’s going to suck.