• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The ALTERRA SUCKS Thread

snoseek

I mean Loveland is noticeably busier now than 15 years ago. It's where people go when they get tired of the resorts and tourist crowds. Loveland is the oasis

thetrailboss

Staff member
Does the photo on that article look fake?

Or is it just me?
I see why you are saying that. If you look behind the skier, you see a small cloud of snow. Look just to the upper left and you will see his tracks.

Reactions: abc

4aprice

Yea I saw Eldora Patrol doing the same thing. Tough thing because I see both sides. On one hand they are seasonal jobs but on the other hand the ski industry has never paid well (includes instructors too). When I worked ski school one season between ft jobs, the director put the blame squarely on PSIA, and complained they did little or nothing for their members except give them a nice pin.

raisingarizona

The mega pass ski areas are mostly very successful now and can afford to pay their staff better wages. Ski patrolling is a serious job that help injured patrons and keep people safe from hazards while often putting themselves in extreme dangers as well as handling explosives. They should be paid appropriately.

The only negative I can think of here is how will the little mom and pop ski areas remain attractive for quality employees if they can’t do the same?

raisingarizona

Some people like to work at small places.
Some, sure but haven't a lot of employers had a tough go at finding good employees the last bunch of years since Covid? I'm no economist but everywhere I go it seems like the service industry has gone to shiit.