• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Off-Season Ski Edit Thread (keep the stoke going)

catsup948

I love summer very much. I work a couple days a week as a zip line guide, ride my bike, camp, hike, go to the cape, play with my kids and work on my house. Skiing is just a lot of fun but not life.

Cannonball

Summer = work. Fortunately I like work (but not as much as I like skiing). From June to October I'll be spending ~16 weeks in the Arctic. I'm hoping for some touches of summer in between those trips. Otherwise I'm already anticipating next winter!

snoseek

I look forward to riding bike just as much as ski season these days.

dlague

You guys NEED to get some other interests badly ! celebrate other fun things , dont be one trick ponys

Get busy making a life , there is way more to it than just skiing ....just sayin .

We LOVE skiing but man there is way more to life :stirpot:

I get that but ...... when it comes to summer I have a bit of ADD. I want to hike, paintball, MTB, Road Bike, golf, Surf, Kayak, Paddle Board, play tennis and other chill things. Most of those, I am not real good at but I like doing them. Winter is easy - we ski and I am good enough at it to really enjoy it. So during the summer I miss skiing, however I accept summer and do other things to stay active.

Just like skiing more than all of the other summer activities!

Jcb890

Summer = work. Fortunately I like work (but not as much as I like skiing). From June to October I'll be spending ~16 weeks in the Arctic. I'm hoping for some touches of summer in between those trips. Otherwise I'm already anticipating next winter!

That sounds interesting. Do you mind sharing what you do for work there?

Edd

Last summer was the best I could remember since moving to NH. Very consistent, comfortable temps that made being outside a pleasure, so we kayaked frequently. A ton of hot, humid days will keep me inside or send me to the beach with a cooler of cocktail fixings.

Warp Daddy

I get that but ...... when it comes to summer I have a bit of ADD. I want to hike, paintball, MTB, Road Bike, golf, Surf, Kayak, Paddle Board, play tennis and other chill things. Most of those, I am not real good at but I like doing them. Winter is easy - we ski and I am good enough at it to really enjoy it. So during the summer I miss skiing, however I accept summer and do other things to stay active.

Just like skiing more than all of the other summer activities!

I too like skiing better than my other stuff and i too have alot . BUT that said when its over , its over ans i USUALLY am starting to get bored with it and looking to crush the little white ball , or peddle my ass off , play my fuitars till my fingers bleed , or hike or play tennis ,,,, just ENJOy the fact that Change is good and a variety of interests make life worth living . have a great summer everyone !!

Jcb890

Marine environmental assessment (water quality, sediments, biology). All of the oil and gas exploration going on includes a lot of requirements for monitoring and assessment.

Oh cool. Do you happen to take photos while you're doing it? I bet the scenery is amazing.

SkiRay

I'm not ready! I'm not ready! I'm not ready! I'm not ready!

I said, "I'M NOT READY!!" Don't you get it?! Get out of here!

Okay, look, if you don't bother me about the "off" season I promise to work out and be ready for next season and then I'll ski into August, okay?

Ughhh ...

Wake me when it starts to snow again.

Neither are we.. But, we called it last weekend though we still might do Tucks next week.

Jcb890

If you look at the picture a little more carefully, you should be able to figure it out...

I honestly can't tell. Cannon maybe since its a red gondola? I don't know. Either way, tough to believe with it being in the high 80's or 90's this week in MA.