• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

cdskier

Nice picture WWF! Wish I was there Friday to be above the clouds with blue skies above like that. Here was Sunday:
DSC_0356.jpg
DSC_0307.jpg
DSC_0423.jpg

rocks860

We're going up this weekend, likely ski Sunday and Monday. Hope this week is more towards the snow end of the spectrum than rain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rocks860

Any weather gurus know what early to mid march is supposed to be like this year? Trying to trade a late march time share week and the only thing it looks like is available is 3/11-3/18

xwhaler

Any weather gurus know what early to mid march is supposed to be like this year? Trying to trade a late march time share week and the only thing it looks like is available is 3/11-3/18

No idea about long range wx but if I were picking the ideal week (in any season) to be up in N VT on a ski trip I'd be picking Mid March. Early to Mid March is when we always schedule our big trips up to N VT as the trees are usually in, the sun angle it a bit higher, days getting longer and not quite as cold.
To me 3/11-3/18 sounds like a fantastic week to plan on....better than the last week in March for sure.

rocks860

No idea about long range wx but if I were picking the ideal week (in any season) to be up in N VT on a ski trip I'd be picking Mid March. Early to Mid March is when we always schedule our big trips up to N VT as the trees are usually in, the sun angle it a bit higher, days getting longer and not quite as cold.
To me 3/11-3/18 sounds like a fantastic week to plan on....better than the last week in March for sure.

I was there 3/18-3/25 probably 5 or 6 years ago. The week before it snowed something like 3 feet but by the wednesday of the week I was there it was 60 degrees on the mountain and 83 in Burlington. As long as it isn't a repeat of that I'm fine with it

cdskier

There's really no way to predict with any certainty. Generally speaking mid-March is an excellent time to go. When I used to plan only one or two "big" trips a year, that was always the time I tried to go to VT.

Duncanator24

Mountain was amazing today after the fresh powder refresh that came down Thursday. There was fresh snow on every trail and everything skiied well. Castle Rock was my favorite, particularly Middle Earth. Even the lower sections were excellent! Very happy how the lower elevation woods are doing too, complete turnaround from my last trip two weeks ago. Looking forward to another couple days of snow and exploring my favorite spots for powder stashes.

WWF-VT

6" of fresh snow and first tracks on Semi Tough made for a fun day today at Mt Ellen

attachment.php

rocks860

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Looks awesome. I'll be at Lincoln peak tomorrow and Monday with my gf unless we make it over to mount Ellen at some point

cdskier

ME was great today. Semi tough was fun but I didn't hit it as early as wwf did. First tracks looked sweet. I had some nice untracked on elbow though early. And no lift lines at ME! There was a line of cars driving up the access road to LP when I was driving to ME this morning. Looked busy the couple times I checked the webcams.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Duncanator24

xRRBa95.jpg
Such amazing snow today. Best day of skiing ever. Found the best of the fresh stuff in the woods. Paradise Woods, Slide Brook, and castle Rock all had great stuff. But even the lower mountain stuff was just amazing, everywhere. I'm so tired from all of the powder, but it was so worth it. This was definitely "hero" snow because it makes everyone look good!

WWF-VT

ME was great today. Semi tough was fun but I didn't hit it as early as wwf did. First tracks looked sweet. I had some nice untracked on elbow though early. And no lift lines at ME! There was a line of cars driving up the access road to LP when I was driving to ME this morning. Looked busy the couple times I checked the webcams.

Really a good day at Mt Ellen. I took just one pic on Semi Tough, my second lap before 8:30 was Brambles. I got first tracks on Elbow and hit amazing snow on Lower FIS early in the AM.

cdskier

Really a good day at Mt Ellen. I took just one pic on Semi Tough, my second lap before 8:30 was Brambles. I got first tracks on Elbow and hit amazing snow on Lower FIS early in the AM.

I took a few pics later on but can't upload them until I get home. I must've not been far behind you on elbow as there were only a handful of tracks when I went down it. It was awesome floating down elbow.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

rocks860

Spent a lot of the day with my gf on the lower part of the mountain. That said the snow on snowball and spring fling was great. Took a trip up heavens gate and paradise was pretty brutal. Super icy. I think it was actually better on 12/26 when I skied it. Back at it tomorrow, expect to see a lot less people