• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

HowieT2

$550 divided by 8 is 68.75, by 12 is 45.83. I assume if you rent it you can share it, and the cost, with as many people as you'd like. Doesnt really work for me personally, but I can see if you have a family with little kids and can share the costs with other similarly situated, it could make sense.

Smellytele

$550 divided by 8 is 68.75, by 12 is 45.83. I assume if you rent it you can share it, and the cost, with as many people as you'd like. Doesnt really work for me personally, but I can see if you have a family with little kids and can share the costs with other similarly situated, it could make sense.
when I had little kids adding 550 to a ski day wouldn’t have worked. If I was going in on it with some of my 7 buddies maybe but I just hope this isn’t going to be the “lodges of the future”.

cdskier

Except VT expressly forbids "gathering" with people outside your household. So I don't think multiple families sharing a small cabin would go over too well. They only hold 8 people each anyway...

CastlerockMRV

I skied Kmart yesterday. What I saw has me feeling good about the season. They were much more crowded than I expected, but they did a great job managing crowds and facilitating line control. There were also employees walking thru the lift lines reminding folks to keep masks above the nose, as well as at the top of the lifts in the unloading areas where people congregate before dropping in. Lift lines were definitely longer due to lots of groups of 2 getting their own gondola or 6-pack but it was never unbearable.

I will say this tho: if there's going to be some "percentage of out of state plates in the lot on a Saturday" litmus test for if folks feel comfortable skiing or not I'd recommend you purchase your backcountry gear now. (Or get comfortable with the fact that a lot of those white and yellow plates have been doing their quarantines and/or relocated to VT for the season.)

mikec142

Except VT expressly forbids "gathering" with people outside your household. So I don't think multiple families sharing a small cabin would go over too well. They only hold 8 people each anyway...
I wonder if two families split it and just alternate usage time...would that fly? No big deal either way.

cdskier

I wonder if two families split it and just alternate usage time...would that fly? No big deal either way.
Honestly I doubt it. If people kept it quiet, who would know? But if the state did somehow find out people were doing that, then I wouldn't be surprised if they requested that the cabins be completely shut down to avoid that potential from happening.

Will it be cleaned in-between?
Exactly why I don't think that "splitting time" scenario would fly...

HowieT2

Obviously a whole different ballgame but check out these cabins at red in bc. literally on trail up the mountain to sleep in.
now if we could just travel to canadia.....

Smellytele

Obviously a whole different ballgame but check out these cabins at red in bc. literally on trail up the mountain to sleep in.
now if we could just travel to canadia.....
seems like a much better deal (although not sure of the exchange rate) for $695.

1dog

Almost 30% off. Think it's a $1.28 for every US dollar. Borders still closed? Both ways?

Blurski

Looks like great production, what is the over under on if they groom it out for Thursday or leave the whales and let it drain?

cdskier

looks like their rain proofing the base. Those Whales are enormous
I don't think they're as big as you think they are. They need a fairly large amount of snow in that base area. When they're done pushing those piles out, you'd never know they ever had piles that size.

Here's the current view from the Bravo cam:
1607444421034.png

CastlerockMRV

Can anyone share insight on when they usually open for uphill? Is it usually just once snow making is done on Racer's Edge and Snowball, so maybe as early as next week? This winter is my first living in the valley full-time so I obviously was one of those people who went out and splurged on full AT setup in hopes of many pre-work turns.

If I'm being honest an AT lap at MRG and a few rides up Inverness before logging on for the 9-to-5 seems a bit friendlier to my sleep schedule but I'm jonesing get out there and validate all of the money I set on fire.. 😳