• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

SteezyRob

lol
Only very light snow falling on the Summit snow stake web cam in the last 3 hours or so .

Pro Tip - know where the web cams are when taking a pit stop:

View attachment 55317

i know the snow stakes are very low, but it's windy and they say they've gotten six inches. i would imagine they've put the stakes in wind resistant areas though. hoping to get in some of the woods soon.

cdskier

Heavens gate...on friggin windhold...oy. very
It's like a pie in the face

Which was pretty much well expected given the forecast for summit winds...so it really shouldn't have surprised anyone. Based on the webcams at the top, looks like the chairs are still rocking pretty good up there.

i know the snow stakes are very low, but it's windy and they say they've gotten six inches.

Was easily 6 at the base elevation an hour or so ago...pretty decent density to it at least at lower elevations, so should help start to build a good base.

Kingslug20

Got a little sporty with a very firm base and moguls all over..They opened snowball...that was fun..

djd66

SteezyRob

very busy and it didn't help that they're loading HG every other chair. but it cleared out after 1 or so. got into the woods which was nice

image1 (1).jpeg

p.s. might want to wait a few weeks before going into any woods off of heaven's gate hahah

cdskier

very busy and it didn't help that they're loading HG every other chair. but it cleared out after 1 or so. got into the woods which was nice

They replaced drive belts on HG today and are running it at reduced capacity to "give them time to set and settle". Not sure how long that takes...

djd66

Does anyone know why they took chairs off the North Ridge Chair? FWIW, looks like they are reinstalling them now.

teleo

I do not think those were put back on from summer inspections.

FYI they take like 20% of chairs off every lift in summer to inspect them. Believe that is state law.

cdskier

I do not think those were put back on from summer inspections.

FYI they take like 20% of chairs off every lift in summer to inspect them. Believe that is state law.

Yup...from looking at the cams in the summer/fall once in a while, I'm pretty sure they were never put back on yet either after the yearly removal for inspections. Even GMX only had the chairs put back on a few weeks ago.

Blurski

View attachment 55375

p.s. might want to wait a few weeks before going into any woods off of heaven's gate hahah
They switched to loading 2 chairs in a row & skipping 1.
I thought they were going to put a spin on it, snow preservation.