• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

cdskier

I am a little less Spoiled. LOL I have a 2:45 cut off. I can be booted up and at Bravo in about 10 minutes. Headed out shortly today.

That's pretty impressive. You're only 5 minutes (if even that) closer to the mountain than I am. I must be slow!

tumbler

A nice sunny day like today, I would totally get out there for an hour if I could.

mikec142

Assuming the meeting actually ended at 2 and didn't run over, figure 5 minutes to get dressed and throw my boots on, ~8 minutes to walk to the Out to Lunch trail and click into my skis. I can now either walk further to GH (or SB) or hop on the Village chair. Add all that up and you're looking at 2:30 best case scenario before I'm actually skiing on a real trail. Maybe I'm just getting lazy (or spoiled?), but if I can't get out of my condo by 1-1:30 and get at least 2 hours of actual skiing in, I tend to skip it.

Now if I had enough money to have a condo at Snow Creek where you're right next to Super Bravo, this discussion would be moot as I could be on the chair within 5 minutes of my meeting ending and there'd be no walking involved :thumbup:
Is the meeting on Zoom? I'd be wearing a dress shirt over my baselayer and have my ski pants and boots on during the meeting. It will save you time.

mikec142

I’m struggling with a decision right now…we had plans both tonight and tomorrow night in NJ. This morning, the plans for Saturday night got cancelled but my wife isn’t willing to cancel tonight’s plans. I could leave NJ anytime on Saturday to drive to VT. I’d then ski Sunday and Monday and drive back Monday late afternoon/night. My issue is missing a day of work (I just missed the previous Thursday/Friday/Monday for Telluride. The other issue is I’m concerned about the roads on the drive up on Saturday.

I’d be driving to Burlington up 87 to the Northway then the local highways the rest of the way. 149 to 4 to 22A to 7. I’m a bit nervous that it would be right through the belly of the beast.

I’m definitely going next weekend.

cdskier

Is the meeting on Zoom? I'd be wearing a dress shirt over my baselayer and have my ski pants and boots on during the meeting. It will save you time.

Zoom yes, but rarely is anyone on camera so would just be a matter of whether I want to sweat wearing my ski pants for an hour during the meeting or not (I've done it before...so certainly an option). Meanwhile I'm still trying to finish a few things up anyway. (I was off last Friday and this past Monday so still playing a bit of catch up). It was much easier to get away for a few hours on a Friday afternoon with my old role. I just took on a new role within my team about a month ago when another co-worker left... So that's a bit of a factor as well in some of my hesitance to run out for a couple hours of skiing like I did the past 2 years.

Boxtop Willie

I've done late afternoon Zoom meetings from the Sleeper Room in Gate House and from one of the changing rooms in the boot room downstairs...just sayin'
The judicious use of the mute button helped.

Kingslug20

I'm hoping...not a fan of groomers...even 3 mile long ones

Last edited:

rocks860

We’re heading up for a week on 3/25 as we didn’t trade for an earlier week at eagles this year. Much more optimistic now than I was earlier this winter

cdskier

To use one of slug's phrases...I'm ker-ploopt! Pretty dense, but great to cover everything up. Even the ice flow on Middle Earth that Hawk mentioned the other day was covered well (or at least it was first thing this morning when CR opened...not sure how long that held up).