• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

cdskier

Newpylong

Looks like Tatro's equipment, can't tell for sure though. If it is, they are the best in the business.

It looks like Upper FIS was trimmed back extreme skier's left in spots behind the current pipe, hopefully that bodes well for that trail being replaced.

tumbler

Looks like Tatro's equipment, can't tell for sure though. If it is, they are the best in the business.

It looks like Upper FIS was trimmed back extreme skier's left in spots behind the current pipe, hopefully that bodes well for that trail being replaced.
It's Tatro

Hawk

Took a walk aroung the Lincoln Peak base yesterday. They are making headway with the installation of the new snowmaking pipe on easy rider and pushover in the beginner area. They also had some guys working on the village chair. It looked like they were inspecting the grips on each chair. I assumed it was the standard sumertime inspection and adjustment of the grips. The base was fairly quiet. They had Rumbles open and the lunch truck. Saw a couple of mountain bikers and a few others.

cdskier

Not sure if folks saw this or it was noted, but the plan for Reverse Traverse is actually a new section of HG Traverse from Organgrinder down to the base of HG: https://anrweb.vt.gov/PubDocs/ANR/SPTemp/007_ProposedOverallSite and EPSCPlans_SugarbushReverseTraversRealignment(4 Sheets)_2022-06-24.pdf
I was wondering how they were going to get Reverse Traverse re-graded...this explains it. Although from OG to the base of HG looks like it isn't really a new section. The big difference is RT itself being moved and re-cut on more of an angle from the top of Stein's down to an exit on Murphy's lower down hill from the current RT exit. Essentially it goes right through part of Egan's Woods now with the proposed plans.

Newpylong

cdskier

I guess it's hard to tell then, this map has what you describe (New RT realignment lower, keeping existing HG Traverse): https://anrweb.vt.gov/PubDocs/ANR/S...ugarbushReverseTraverseRealignment_6-2022.pdf

But the map I linked to above has the opposite (keep RT, new HG traverse higher up).

It looks like one of the alternatives got uploaded as well as the actual option they want to do.

Maybe I'm confused...but both those maps show the same thing from what I see. The only difference is they are flipped in that in one document the base of the HG chair is in the upper left hand corner while in the other map the top of Stein's/VHQ is in the upper left hand corner. Both show a new RT route and the same HGT route.

teleo

They finally spend some money and this is what we get? Besides the affect to egans, that intersection by jester/murphys/birdland is allready bad enough. Isn't that named callies corner for a bad reason? So lets add more cross traffic that is motivated to keep speed to make it past the flatspot by downspout. Brilliant. The Killification of da bush.

Would be much happier if they just added snowmaking from OG thru to HG to help with the early season deathspout situation.

cdskier

They finally spend some money and this is what we get? Besides the affect to egans, that intersection by jester/murphys/birdland is allready bad enough. Isn't that named callies corner for a bad reason? So lets add more cross traffic that is motivated to keep speed to make it past the flatspot by downspout. Brilliant. The Killification of da bush.

Would be much happier if they just added snowmaking from OG thru to HG to help with the early season deathspout situation.

Callie's Corner is at MRG...

I'm guessing you're referring to Carpy's Corner (in memory of ski patroller Bill Carpenter). However Carpy's Corner is at the intersection of Lower Birdland and Murphy's. The new cutover for RT would come in slightly above the last crossover spot from Murphy's to Birdland (where Lower Jester makes the big wide turn just before it gets to Birdland)

Newpylong

Don't think they're doing it to impress anybody, the operational reasons are listed in the application. Highly doubtful its going to see much if any traffic unless early season or Bravo is down. It's an insurance policy.

teleo

You're right, Carpy's corner. And this crossover is higher up. Still not a fan of cross traffic. I stopped going to Killington 15 years ago for a number of reasons, that being one of them.

I hope you're all correct that this won't get used much.