• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Newpylong

They used an inflatable dam for a multi million dollar snowmaking system?

Yes, that is the defacto standard in Vermont to accommodate legal limits of minimum cubic feet per mile ("CSM") of natural flow rate. Mount Snow's (still fairly new) West Lake snowmaking project relied upon an inflatable dam to divert water into the pond.

Hawk

Just waiting for the precip to slow down a bit to get out. Very gusty. We took this time today to break down the two massive turkey bodys we inherited from yesterday's feast to make turkey soup. Just boiling down the bones. Looking good. I Bet CD can reccomend a good wine. We were thinging Pinot. Maybe chianti. LOL Hope everybodies Thanksgiving was grand.
Turkey Lurky.jpg

cdskier

Just waiting for the precip to slow down a bit to get out. Very gusty. We took this time today to break down the two massive turkey bodys we inherited from yesterday's feast to make turkey soup. Just boiling down the bones. Looking good. I Bet CD can reccomend a good wine. We were thinging Pinot. Maybe chianti. LOL Hope everybodies Thanksgiving was grand.
View attachment 55157
Looks good! I'd lean towards Pinot Noir myself with that!

tumbler

Nice to knock some rust off today for a few runs in the rain. Top of VH it was trying to snow so hopefully tomorrow there will be some addition. Going to be a zoo I think.

thetrailboss

Staff member
if i had a nickel for every time i see a jerry with gear that's nicer than I'll ever have, I'd have enough money to buy that gear
No joke. I saw a kid in his late 20s or early 30s pull into Alta Wednesday afternoon during a snowstorm with a brand new Porsche convertible. Certainly did not look like he had snow tires on it!

Lotso

You could see Jester was lit up today tho guns and hoses above Valley House lift were dormant.
Temp was rather warm.
Golf balls everywhere on Spring Fling.

Lara Gut skiing very well 👌
And she won today at Killington!

Blurski

I heard a “rumor” that the diesel backup engine on Brovo did not pass inspection and parts are ordered but no ETA.
I hope this is not true or the part is available. It ran all summer for MTB, so if true just bad luck/timing.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I heard a “rumor” that the diesel backup engine on Brovo did not pass inspection and parts are ordered but no ETA.
I hope this is not true or the part is available. It ran all summer for MTB, so if true just bad luck/timing.
FWIW that lift is now close to 30 years old. How the hell did that happen?!

cdskier

FWIW that lift is now close to 30 years old. How the hell did that happen?!

Which also means several other lifts are close to 30 since Otten installed a bunch that year. But Bravo by far has the most hours on it since it is used more than just in the winter...

Blurski

Wow, I had no idea Super Brovo was 30 years old, only been skiing theBush for 10 years, just assumed it was newer.

Newpylong

It's 27 years old, same as Gate House and Slidebrook, they were all put in new that year ('95). North Lynx and North Ridge were also relocated for the same season. I was lucky enough to be at GMVS and we watched them fly towers for what seemed like weeks and weeks. That fall they made snow up off the summit of Ellen in October to demonstrate all of the snowmaking that was put in and ASC's first year owning the place. Boy they made a lot of snow those first few years.

/end nostalgic rant

HowieT2

Isnt that just a diesel generator? Those things are pretty ubiquitous, I would think, unless they're all being sent to Ukraine.

Hawk

Are you kidding Howie. Anything to do with generators are way out there. I have projects in the pipeline where the generators are 1.5 to 2 years out right now. Not knowing what parts they need but I would bet they have some kind of lead time also.....that is if the rumor is true. ;-)