• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

tumbler

So who's Benny? Is there supposed to be a link in that "Story" on Facebook (I found the story on Facebook, but couldn't find any links in to any more details other than what is in the photo).

In other Sugarbush news:
This is a great project, filling a huge need in the Valley and it is in a very appropriate place. I give Sugarbush and Alterra big credit for proposing this.
BUT, the know it all D-bags on the DRB will make this process so difficult, time consuming and costly that the project will end up being half the size and start in 3 years. I really want to be proven wrong but they love nothing more than stifling development in order to keep the small bucolic valley they moved to the same.

Kingslug20

I wanted to buy the sugarcube...was talking about it last night...looks like that's a no go..
Will be watching this.

Hawk

Dolomites are all about groomers, great grooming btw, and stopping at mountain huts/refuges to eat and drink and enjoy the scenery.
They do have extensive snow making and grooming. That is a plus but they also have tremendous back country sking. We have a guide for 2 days and he told me that even with a little snow he will show us some great runs on the north facing slopes and not to worry. This guy came highly reccomended.

crank

They do have extensive snow making and grooming. That is a plus but they also have tremendous back country sking. We have a guide for 2 days and he told me that even with a little snow he will show us some great runs on the north facing slopes and not to worry. This guy came highly reccomended.
I wish we could have done some of this when we were there last March. Just not enough snow. at some areas there was a lot of off piste trees that would have been fun if conditions allowed.

pinnoke

Nice to know some of the manmade (aforementioned) "frozen precipitation" lands on some trails, too! From this afternoon's update: "Looking towards this evening, the producers of frozen precipitation will be blowing snow across both peaks and on many trails including Stein's Run, Sunrise, Murphy’s Glade and Lower Organgrinder on Lincoln Peak." HAHA!

thetrailboss

Staff member
Nice to know some of the manmade (aforementioned) "frozen precipitation" lands on some trails, too! From this afternoon's update: "Looking towards this evening, the producers of frozen precipitation will be blowing snow across both peaks and on many trails including Stein's Run, Sunrise, Murphy’s Glade and Lower Organgrinder on Lincoln Peak." HAHA!
Is that what the report said? If so that is really lame. Just say something like “our awesome snow makers.”

djd66

Is that what the report said? If so that is really lame. Just say something like “our awesome snow makers.”
Honestly, I could care less about how the conditions are being reported. I thinks everyone on this forum knows enough that the conditions suck - no matter how they get reported.

We need some GD snow - big time! Hopefully thing’s average out and we have a great second half of the season.

KustyTheKlown

dumb question to which I prob know the answer - is slide Brook basin skiable right now? Will it be if it snows 5” this week? I have the opportunity to ski home next weekend and that is unheard of

djd66

dumb question to which I prob know the answer - is slide Brook basin skiable right now? Will it be if it snows 5” this week? I have the opportunity to ski home next weekend and that is unheard of
No way. Probably need a couple of feet to make it skiable.

Hawk

I hiked up to the North Linx this fall via the slide brook entrance (Pinball ally as it's called). You would be totally surprised at how many logs there are and how tall those little pines are with no snow. DJD66 is right. You need at least a couple of feet up there and then it helps if the wind blows it in a little more.
No chance.

tumbler

How many laps did everyone do on Steins yesterday? I did at least 10. I liked skiers left, right on the pipe the best.
A bunch and also skiers left. It was good except for the last gun.