• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

urungus

Interesting phrasing, are there longer chairlifts that are not detachable or not quads ?

cdskier

I don't know how LP was as I didn't look at the cams at all yet, but ME was downright empty this morning. I think the first time I shared a chair with someone on NRX was around 11am when there was about a 2-3 minute line. All my other rides on NRX and Summit were virtually ski on all morning. Conditions were very variable (one minute you could be skiing some untracked drifted few inches of powder then a few seconds later you could be on firm, frozen cord), but also surprisingly better than I expected even on the couple natural trails that I tried. They never got GMX going though...but I'm also certainly not going to complain about NRX being the 8am lift instead!

Slidebrook87

Pretty good out there today. Natural trails held up much better than expected. Great to have Slide Brook again - not so great to be stuck on it for 20 minutes at its highest point.

Attachments

• 40130AA8-0312-459A-A4C6-D3D6ABA51ECC.jpeg
    40130AA8-0312-459A-A4C6-D3D6ABA51ECC.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 40

djd66

I don't know how LP was as I didn't look at the cams at all yet, but ME was downright empty this morning. I think the first time I shared a chair with someone on NRX was around 11am when there was about a 2-3 minute line. All my other rides on NRX and Summit were virtually ski on all morning. Conditions were very variable (one minute you could be skiing some untracked drifted few inches of powder then a few seconds later you could be on firm, frozen cord), but also surprisingly better than I expected even on the couple natural trails that I tried. They never got GMX going though...but I'm also certainly not going to complain about NRX being the 8am lift instead!
Yep, it was very good this morning. We experienced the same SKI ON! We headed back to South one things got crowded at North (around noon).

djd66

Pretty good out there today. Natural trails held up much better than expected. Great to have Slide Brook again - not so great to be stuck on it for 20 minutes at its highest point.
Wow, not a good place to be stuck! We were just discussing what evac would be like over the high point on SB. I actually think most of the lift would be an easy evac(assuming they have enough snow). That one sec would be interesting!

cdskier

I briefly thought about taking Slide Brook just for fun today but actually thought to myself "with my luck, I'll get stuck and have to be evac'd from the highest point". 🤣

SteezyRob

better than expected, but the snow made all the difference. would have been awful without it. upper mountain was pretty hard and slick but overall decent day. (mrg)

also why did this greet me on the alpinezone homepage 😭1676168018192.png

skiur

Anybody know if sugarbush still does the $14 lift tickets on Valentines day?

Teleskier

Is Wünderbar really closed Mon-Wed per the webpage?

Where can several skiers go midday to have an outdoor lunch? Chez Henri is still indoors only?

If you were hosting some greens-to-easy-blue skiers who don't want to be pushed or challenged, am I pretty much limited to the Gate House Quad chair? Is taking the Slide Brook chair over to Mt Ellen greens worth the effort or difference?

Kingslug20

Yes
Rumbles at the base
Any blue is ok..just take it slow
Depends on conditions..it's a cool ride over..and a pretty different layout over there

cdskier

Ellen has some nice blue cruisers IMO...so to me it would be worth going over there for a few runs. Even off Super Bravo there's some blue options. Lower Jester is easy and mellow. On the Valley House side Snowball to Lower Snowball is fairly tame (Spring Fling is steeper and I could see that one intimidating some lower level blue skiers). Murphy's and Birdland are both blue...but they often only groom one (or even neither) some days during the week. So before doing either of those with easy blue skiers I'd pay close attention to the grooming report.

And Wunderbar being closed M-W is not a surprise at all. That was often primarily a weekend bar. There's not enough traffic midweek to justify Rumbles + Castlerock Pub + Wunderbar.