• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

LuckyStrike

Great picture. I made the mistake of going up the Castlerock lift on Saturday even though there were 3 warning signs. Ended up all alone sliding down massive icy moguls on the "blue" trail. Next time I'll look before I leap and ask the guy with old sticks and ripped ski pants.

mikec142

Great picture. I made the mistake of going up the Castlerock lift on Saturday even though there were 3 warning signs. Ended up all alone sliding down massive icy moguls on the "blue" trail. Next time I'll look before I leap and ask the guy with old sticks and ripped ski pants.
I make this mistake yearly.

rocks860

Skied at Lincoln peak yesterday until about 1. First few run off gatehouse had some super nice snow. Hit up birch and sunrise off of north lynx, birch was pretty nice, sunrise was pretty Ivey between the bumps. Was going to stick to north lynx as bravo was on wind hold but then north lynx went down too right before I was about to get on the chair so I went over to castle rock and then over to heavens gate. Ripcord wasn’t as scratchy as expected but not the greatest. I’ll be back out there again a few more times this week. Hope it doesn’t all refreeze too much or it could be not great

Kingslug20

Only glades I've been in since being a regular here...have to poke around some..
Domino was groomed top to bottom...

rocks860

I’ll probably be out there again tomorrow. Today we went up to alchemist and had some lunch at piecasso and grabbed a been at pro Pig and lawsons on the way back

hovercraft

@ shredmonkey bummer about your injury. Figured I would take some turns in your hood ( now my secondary hood). King insisted, if I was going to keep shaming him to the mountain in the rain (that will be the case 🤪) We will make plenty of turns next year. In the mean time I promise I will make up for your lost turns!2D135B08-BB53-44D5-BA59-03DAA1431476.jpeg11702734-47F5-4275-B648-064D0C77EDB9.jpeg2EFFDE8B-7A1C-4511-A9F1-BB5E74C08A0A.jpeg

Attachments

• 200DF7D7-F4DD-4C83-9538-AAFC2BDFD9A4.jpeg
    200DF7D7-F4DD-4C83-9538-AAFC2BDFD9A4.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 6

Shredmonkey254

@ shredmonkey bummer about your injury. Figured I would take some turns in your hood ( now my secondary hood). King insisted, if I was going to keep shaming him to the mountain in the rain (that will be the case 🤪) We will make plenty of turns next year. In the mean time I promise I will make up for your lost turns!View attachment 57767View attachment 57768View attachment 57769
Thanks
What happened to shred monkey?
Bummer
Caught an edge, went down hard, broken collarbone. Groomed runs are dangerous! See ya’s in the warm, sunny courtyard.

mikec142

Only glades I've been in since being a regular here...have to poke around some..
Domino was groomed top to bottom...
KS,

Eden is certainly a fav of mine. I find Deeper Sleeper to be similar. Also I'd try Semi-Tough Glades before Mount Ellen shuts down for the season.

I've skied the glades to the skiers left off of Domino as well. Also Race Course Woods. But I find that they don't get as much traffic as the others and tend to get luge chutes in them which I don't love.

Would love to hear people's takes on other glades.

cdskier

KS,

Eden is certainly a fav of mine. I find Deeper Sleeper to be similar. Also I'd try Semi-Tough Glades before Mount Ellen shuts down for the season.

I've skied the glades to the skiers left off of Domino as well. Also Race Course Woods. But I find that they don't get as much traffic as the others and tend to get luge chutes in them which I don't love.

Would love to hear people's takes on other glades.

I also like the glades between Lookin' Good and Rim Run at Ellen. They're sort of like a higher elevation version of Eden that is a little tighter (but still not too tight/steep). They're not technically on the map, but they're also no secret as you'll see people going in there all the time. I'm also fairly certain Sugarbush talked about them in a blog post a few years back (for some reason I want to say it was a guest entry by Gerry Noony talking about some of the spots he liked to ski at the time).

As for the "luge chutes"...depending on the line you pick in Big Birch or Wild Turkey, you might be on the mountain bike trails which could explain that in some cases.

The Sneak

All of the trees off Valley House and Super Bravo were great on sunday.
Some people need to ride every lift and ski every trail, I was fine with those 5 or 6 runs for the whole day.