• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Things you hate about skiing

ski220

I hate people that barge your gondola because they are afraid to ride up with the snow boarders and then get offended when you want to light up.

Yeh. This happened at Jackson last year too. Skiing with a crew of 5 plus 1, we requested a private and were accomodated. A properally dressed middle aged women from the $4 Seasons in the singles line was directed to the 'dola behind us that was carrying a bunch of border dudes. We saw her looking into the cab and then she ran up to ours and literally jumped in befoer the door closed. Mistake!

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
Yeh. This happened at Jackson last year too. Skiing with a crew of 5 plus 1, we requested a private and were accomodated. A properally dressed middle aged women from the $4 Seasons in the singles line was directed to the 'dola behind us that was carrying a bunch of border dudes. We saw her looking into the cab and then she ran up to ours and literally jumped in befoer the door closed. Mistake!

i had some gomer do that at stowe. the lifty told him to wait. when the doors opened at the top the dude just stumbled out of the car and we were in tears laughing/coughing.

JD

Website
hotmail.com
Once 2 of us had a 3rd get in. He said he hadn't partaken in 15 years, but he just ditched the wife and kids and had the whole afternoon soff. He took several draws of the shit that killed elvis. After about 2 minutes he went completely silent. Shit ain't what it used to be.....he either had the best afternoon of his life or went to the ER.

Mauleflyer

Long walks from the car to the lodge on icy surfaces carrying all your own gear plus half of your daughters. Then trying to find a locker or a place to put all the crap. Once I am on the slopes I forget about it all.

ripzillia

I don't know why they don't want to carve GS? Once you feel "the force" you never go back.:spin:

tjf67

cigerette filters are not cotton. if you research it, cigerrete butts are one of the longer lasting debris out there. Plus all the other plastic wrappers, liners and packages that get regularly tossed out the car window.

That all being said, ask politely first and if that doesn't do the trick - escalate.

Which reminds me that ......

I saw on the discovery channel little rodents go after butts like its no ones business. It add insulation to the burrows and gives them a buzz when they chew on them.

ccskier

Things I hate about skiing:

2) Having to drop a deuce with all your equipment on at a lodge. Base layers keep you from adequately spreading your legs, boots make your seated position awkward and I often lose circulation in my legs, wiping sometimes you almost fall of the seat, you have to constantly monitor your helmet, gloves, turtle fur, suspenders, etc...from being dragged in something nasty/across the floor, and, of course, the general nastiness of ski area bathrooms.

<sigh>

This is a major pain, or when the stalls are super small and the door is chest height. At Jay they have midget stalls in the stateside lodge that when you stand up to get yourself back together you are staring at people.

I also hate people smoking in the lift line. I also will have a butt now and again, but when it comes to being around people, leave it in the car. It bugs the crap out of me. On a side note, when I was walking out of a pat's game this fall this couple in front of me were smoking when we were all huddled together trying to get out, it was rediculous.

This is a major pain, or when the stalls are super small and the door is chest height. At Jay they have midget stalls in the stateside lodge that when you stand up to get yourself back together you are staring at people.

I also hate people smoking in the lift line. I also will have a butt now and again, but when it comes to being around people, leave it in the car. It bugs the crap out of me. On a side note, when I was walking out of a pat's game this fall this couple in front of me were smoking when we were all huddled together trying to get out, it was rediculous.

Not everybody is considerate. Most ski areas seem to have bathrooms in the basement or down a flight of steps..and ski boots and wet metal or even concrete steps suck.

The old Headwall Pizza at Jackson Hole:

2 slices of pizza...8 bucks

1 20 ounce gatorade..$3.75

Wet concrete floor...leading to ass over teakettle fall and luckily my pizza landing crust side down...Priceless...

The wooden ramp in the lower lodge at Blue..usually wet combined with plastic ski boots equals..another GSS ass over teakettle fall..

The 1999 Ski Vermont Discussion list partee at Stowe..I didn't duck the rope onto bypass low enough and my forehead caught the rope and another ass over teakettle yard sale and I was a few inches from being decapitated..mad Homer Simpson..Doh!!!!

bigbog

...can say that again...

i hate having to get up at the crack of dawn for a 1.5 - 3 hr drive to the hill and envy those who live within 10-15 minutes of decent skiing

1+
..The early AM drive-thing..up here in the boonies I get into, but agreed...the 1hr+ part, thru several small towns, just doesn't float my boat anymore..
Have a couple of small, skin-up mountains within 45min....but nothing like Sugarloaf...

Last edited: