• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

This sucks and I am depressed.

Wavewheeler

Stowe and Killington got crushed. Looks like mid-November at K (aside from Bear Mountain having a few open) and Stowe lost some trails they have been blowing on since November. Just a typical January for New England, by they end of the month things will be back and we will get a few huge storms by President's Day.

:( Damn, the webcams showed people there, especially at Bear. Hopefully they will recover soon. I'm leaning towards skiing Wed-Thurs-Friday this week to give them time/colder temps. Looks like things get better midweek and for the weekend.

Here's praying for a colder/snowier weather pattern from now on up in ski country. :snow:

Much as I love snow I don't mind it staying warm where I live cuz it makes my job easier.

MadMadWorld

I can't bring myself to look at webcams. I even pulled the blinds down in the office. I think I have Seasonal Affective Disorder but in an opposite way than most.

JDMRoma

Washed my car and vacuumed it all out, Rotated my Snowtires.....almost put my Summer tires back on figuring it would bring on a Snowstorm but decided on just taking out my snowbrush.

Im certainly in a Funk, If I hear one more person say they hope the rest of the winter is just like this past weekend I may go Postal !

C-Rex

I could deal if there were a good storm in the forecast but this is really getting depressing. Come on, winter! Get going already!!!

steamboat1

Well after a pretty good Wed, Thurs, Fri last week this week I lay low. Things are shaping up for the following week which is the next time I plan on skiing. Hopefully I'll pick the best three days that week. I could push it but my knee can't handle more than 3 days in a row at this point.

Bostonian

With this crappy weather I have been in no mood to hit the hill :(

Where has our polar vortex gone? Yesterday I had the windows open in my house. With the exception of some slush there is no more snow around my house. I blame my wife.

Wavewheeler

Sitting in the hotel watching it rain. Forecast for the rest of the week looks better but I'm hoping there will be something left to ski on. :( Temps are supposed to stay around freezing so hopefully things will remain soft so maybe it won't be TOO bad.

Well, there's always February..