• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tom Brady

I didn't realize but apparently Eagles fans are happy about Brady being sidelined because Tom Brady helped the Patriots beat the Eagles in the Superbowl...

Paul

I didn't realize but apparently Eagles fans are happy about Brady being sidelined because Tom Brady helped the Patriots beat the Eagles in the Superbowl...

2606848635_e807c891dd.jpg

Fans of professional sports teams want to see their team win, instead of the opposition. More at 11:00.

WJenness

You don't consider NBA Basketball a major professional sport? Why not?

Generalize much? Or are you just comparing them to the warm, fuzzy, puppies and rainbows Pats fan-base?

I live with a guy whose family is from Philly. He does the generalizing for me.... and it was all said with a chuckle on my part... I forgot the smilies I guess :smile::smile:

-w

Paul

You don't consider NBA Basketball a major professional sport? Why not?

Like golf, it's a game.

I live with a guy whose family is from Philly. He does the generalizing for me.... and it was all said with a chuckle on my part... I forgot the smilies I guess :smile::smile:

-w

No need, just add extreme hyperbole, like I did. :razz:

061206_article_nytv.jpg

You're thinking of Chris Hansen, who, like a young boy, has no facial hair.

And since you're thinking of young boys, why don't you have a seat over there?

No Ric Romero was one of the predators..with his shady pedaphile moustache..lol..sorry if I offended any AZers with moustaches or those with soul patch flavor savers..

WJenness

<Back On Topic>

It's official, Brady needs surgery and has been placed on IR... No more Brady in '08. :(

-w

2knees

Generalize much? Or are you just comparing them to the warm, fuzzy, puppies and rainbows Pats fan-base?

oh come on Paul. The reputation of Philly fans is common knowledge, almost cliche, to even a casual sports fan. They cheered when Michael Irvin lay motionless on the carpet of veterans stadium. They booed santa clause and threw snowballs at him. Not saying they are actually worse then fans of other teams but they most certainly have that reputation.

drjeff

oh come on Paul. The reputation of Philly fans is common knowledge, almost cliche, to even a casual sports fan. They cheered when Michael Irvin lay motionless on the carpet of veterans stadium. They booed santa clause and threw snowballs at him. Not saying they are actually worse then fans of other teams but they most certainly have that reputation.

You could almost say that they're like Raider's fans with 2 exceptions:
1) The wear "relatively" normal clothing
2) Their team actually has been decent most of the time since the 80's! :eek: ;)

I'll still take the Pats with Cassel over probably 26 or 27 of the 31 other teams in the NFL. The offense is STILL that potent, and Belicheck has proven time and time again to be the master of motivation and getting the most out of his players in adverse times.

My guess is this Sunday, it will be Pats 24/Jets 14.

The game though I'm really looking forward to this week and should be a slugfest is the Eagles/Cowboys game

Paul

You forgot to add that O NOES they bood teh MacNabbbzz on teh draftday!!1!!11!!!1

Never mind that Jets fans have lustily booed every first-round draft pick every year.
Or Giants fans injuring one of San Diego's coaches.
Yay, even the NE fans can misbehave.

Yeah, that reputation is so well deserved.

Oh, forgot... teh Vet had a jail in the basementz and it smelled like pee!!!11!!!!one!!!!!

:p

Paul

2) Their team actually has been decent most of the time since the 80's! :eek: ;)

I'll still take the Pats with Cassel over probably 26 or 27 of the 31 other teams in the NFL. The offense is STILL that potent, and Belicheck has proven time and time again to be the master of motivation and getting the most out of his players in adverse times.

The game though I'm really looking forward to this week and should be a slugfest is the Eagles/Cowboys game

1205187.gif

Did you buy Kool-Aid from this man?

Totally looking forward to Iggles/'boys. I have special crumpets to go with my Earl Gray tea I'll be sipping.

Pinkie extended, of course.

deadheadskier

Staff member

I think the Pats will lose this Sunday in a close game. Too mentally taxed from the adjustment and emotion of losing 'the man' and not enough time to have Matt prepare properly. I'm cool with that. I'd rather take a few losses in the coming weeks and get hot when it matters during the second half of the season and into the playoffs. As potent as the offense is/was, it won't be the same with Matt and it will be defense that wins it for us, if we pull it off.......just like 2001. Hopin' that one of the young guys on D steps up and takes the torch in the back 7, be it Mayo, Sanders, Merriweather, Woods.....Vrabel, Brusci, Harrison et all need it.

wa-loaf

I think the Pats will lose this Sunday in a close game. Too mentally taxed from the adjustment and emotion of losing 'the man' and not enough time to have Matt prepare properly. I'm cool with that. I'd rather take a few losses in the coming weeks and get hot when it matters during the second half of the season and into the playoffs. As potent as the offense is/was, it won't be the same with Matt and it will be defense that wins it for us, if we pull it off.......just like 2001. Hopin' that one of the young guys on D steps up and takes the torch in the back 7, be it Mayo, Sanders, Merriweather, Woods.....Vrabel, Brusci, Harrison et all need it.

Not bad, I would have given that one to the Jets too. Defense won this one. But you're not going to win against the top teams with field goals in the stretch. This did make me optimistic for the rest of the season.

Paul

Not bad, I would have given that one to the Jets too. Defense won this one. But you're not going to win against the top teams with field goals in the stretch. This did make me optimistic for the rest of the season.

The fact that Fah-vrah is teh sukk didn't hurt either. ;-)

Beetlenut

Lamont and Sammy are gonna be a good pile-pushin, clock-killin tandom!! This team is going to find ways to win every week, although Buffalo might be tough! Good game, good defensive effort. Sucks to be a J.E.T.S. fan!!!

deadheadskier

Staff member
I thought they played a solid conservative game plan. The controlled the clock and won the field position battle. Morris and Jordan both looked great, the defense was stout.....hopefully Maroney didn't hurt himself too bad