• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tom Brady

drjeff

Now we'll see some folks jumping off the "all is lost" band wagon about the Pats in this Brady-less time. So many people forget, especially last year, that one of the key things that made Brady so good, wasn't just Moss or Welker or Faulk or Maroney, etc, etc, etc, but having Josh McDaniel as the offensive coordinator calling the game. IMHO, he's just as good, if not better than Charlie Weiss(anyone else find it somewhat ironic that Weiss a week later basically gets the same injury that Brady did :rolleyes:), and that's a HUGE asset.

Next week, should be another Pats win(thank you Dolphins), then the bye-week, and then the West Coast swing and the tougher games start. By then, it will be a month of Cassel at the helm, and frankly I think that they'll be alot better off than many folks were thinking they'd be a week ago. Belicheck IS the master of getting a team to thrive on adversity and this certainly qualifies as adverse. Plus, it really wouldn't suprise me if in a few weeks before the San Diego game if Ladanian Tomlinson once again says something stupid about the Pats and gives them some more chalkboard material to motivate them.

Baring any additional significant injuries, I still see the Pats as AFC East Champs, and no worse than 10-6 this season. They just have too much talent on both sides of the ball.

drjeff

Just about the whole team layed a HUGE egg today, except for the couple of decent kick off returns that Ellis Hobbs had. I think it's my fault, I sat not in my normal seats, but with the other group of guys I go to the games with. Must of thrown off the Pats karma :rolleyes:

Even if they had Brady today they still would have lost the way the defense played, and also how pathetic the offensive line was with its pass protection. The only difference if they had Brady is that the score would have been more like 38-27 instead of 38-13.

Still lots of football yet, and historically the Pats usually have atleast 1 game a year where they play like dogs.

Today was one though where walking out of the stadium, just made you realize how good as Pats fans we've had it for close to a decade now, since my friend and I were having a tough time remembering the last home game where the Pats didn't even look competitive (the last one we remember was maybe 3 or 4 years ago early in the season when San Diego had their way with the Pats all over Gillette.)

A month till the next home game for the Pats. Bye week next week, then road games at San Fran and San Diego. Hopefully they get things worked out on both sides of the ball since they just looked lost + confused today :(

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Now we'll see some folks jumping off the "all is lost" band wagon about the Pats in this Brady-less time. So many people forget, especially last year, that one of the key things that made Brady so good, wasn't just Moss or Welker or Faulk or Maroney, etc, etc, etc, but having Josh McDaniel as the offensive coordinator calling the game. IMHO, he's just as good, if not better than Charlie Weiss(anyone else find it somewhat ironic that Weiss a week later basically gets the same injury that Brady did :rolleyes:), and that's a HUGE asset.

Next week, should be another Pats win(thank you Dolphins), then the bye-week, and then the West Coast swing and the tougher games start. By then, it will be a month of Cassel at the helm, and frankly I think that they'll be alot better off than many folks were thinking they'd be a week ago. Belicheck IS the master of getting a team to thrive on adversity and this certainly qualifies as adverse. Plus, it really wouldn't suprise me if in a few weeks before the San Diego game if Ladanian Tomlinson once again says something stupid about the Pats and gives them some more chalkboard material to motivate them.

Baring any additional significant injuries, I still see the Pats as AFC East Champs, and no worse than 10-6 this season. They just have too much talent on both sides of the ball.
AFC Champs...:blink: Not this year.

drjeff

AFC Champs...:blink: Not this year.

I'm still not ready to jump off the AFC EAST champions prediction. My guess is that the defense won't forget to show up like they did today the rest of this season, and that the offensive line won't be full of as many holes as your typical wheel of swiss cheese.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Need a leader........there have been a few games over the years that a Brady led team got blown out. He was off the charts rip shit at his team when losing. Right now, that leadership is needed on D. If we are going to go places it has to be with defense and a Ray Lewis type guy's mentality is needed back there. There's a boat load of talent back there......someone needs to channel it.

Happy for the bye week. When the schedule came out, I hated the week 4 bye week. This team needs it right now. Not panicking about the loss, I can take that.....but people need to step up and take charge.

ComeBackMudPuddles

In my fantasty football draft this year I lost both Brady and Moss within two picks of me wanting to take them in the first two rounds. Better to be lucky than smart!

drjeff

Almost mid-season now. I'll still stick with my original prediction of the Pats as a 11-5/10-6 team AND AFC EAST champs. The last 2 games, the offense is finally finding themselves, and Cassel is finally learning how to use the pocket (although every now and then he's still taking a needless sack by holding onto the ball too long). Even with the numerous injuries, they finally appear like they're playing like the full team that they can be. Will they probably have atleast 1 or 2 more stinker efforts, most likely, but all and all I think that they go through the 2nd half of the season with a 6-2/5-3 record.

FRITOLAYGUY

Almost mid-season now. I'll still stick with my original prediction of the Pats as a 11-5/10-6 team AND AFC EAST champs. The last 2 games, the offense is finally finding themselves, and Cassel is finally learning how to use the pocket (although every now and then he's still taking a needless sack by holding onto the ball too long). Even with the numerous injuries, they finally appear like they're playing like the full team that they can be. Will they probably have atleast 1 or 2 more stinker efforts, most likely, but all and all I think that they go through the 2nd half of the season with a 6-2/5-3 record.

i agree with you i predicted 14-2 with brady 10-6 without, they will probably lose in the first round but defidently keep their heads up knowing they made the playoffs with the best qb in the nfl on the sidelines.

UnaBonger

I think that considering their situation, they're doing great. Much better than I thought they would immediately after Brady's injury. 5 / 2 mid way though and tied for first in the AFC East is very respectable.