• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Top 5 Days This Season

Zand

#5: 10/17 at Sunday River: OK... so this would probably be far from most people's top 5, but the product they put down in October was beyond amazing. T2 was probably about 3 feet deep, Sunday Punch was open to the bottom and was nice and soft.Hard to beat 1,500' vert runs on October 17th.

#4: 3/20 at Sugarbush: Only spectacular spring day for me this year... 100% open, 60 degrees, lots of bumps and corn.

#3: 3/1 at Burke: One of the many 4" powder days I had there this year (never got to ski more than they there this year), but it was after 16" or so the week before so it was on one of the deeper bases of the year.

#2: 1/20 at Jay: All-day glades-fest. Unfortunately they were skiing fast and the only snow came in one small shower, but a good intro to Jay. Can't wait to hit it on a powder day.

#1: 12/12 at Sugarbush: Only powder day this year... 6" on the already open trails but 30" had piled up on Castlerock that week and 1st tracks on Rumble were mine for the taking. Sweet run, and many of those were found throughout that day.

frozencorn

5. Saddleback 3/7 My first venture to Saddleback. Everything was as advertised.

4. Wildcat 3/20 Spring came way too early this year, but I sure didn't mind on this day.

3. Cannon 1/3 Wasn't sure where I was headed on the drive up, but the report of 18 inches and still dumping made the destination a sure bet. And it was awesome. First venture over to Mittersill too, where I skied in waist-deep powder.

2. Wildcat 4/2 Epic spring day.

1. Magic 2/24 If you were there, you know.

snoseek

I'm pretty sure today is going to be one of them......

Bostonian

#5 12/8/2009 - Wachusett... This wasn't the best in conditions as it was all man made. But this day will be number #5 as it was the first day out on the snow for the 09/10 season, and the day before was my last day of work at my old job. A nice way to kick off the season, with quitting work before and skiing the day after!

#4 4/3/2010 - Sunapee - Summer time temps, great coverage in 80F+ degree heat. Although by the end of the day the damage was done... and with that, my season was over :(

#3 3/6/2010 - Waterville - After returning back from the west, I was jonesing for more skiing. I figured I would hit up Waterville for some left overs from the storm the week before. Again it was warm that day, but there is something about waterville I love, even though friends of mine loath it.

#2 3/20/2010 - Wildcat - Beach Day number #2 ... it was sunny 65-70... Soft snow, with PLENTY of coverage. deep soft snow! nothing like skiing with mount washington staring down at you!

#1 2/14/2010 - Cannon - My only "Powder" day ... with a couple of inches of freshies... nothing to write home about. But what really sealed the deal for me on this, was really falling in love with Cannon Mountain all over again. It had been many many years since I was there, and I was really pleased with the product they had to offer. There was no ice, some nice bumps and snow was falling. I consider that a win :)

Honorable mention - Vail 2/26/2010 --- the back bowls were great, sun shining... but I didn't get the powder day I had last year :p

Hawkshot99

1. 2/24/10 - Stratton During the biggest dump I have ever experienced.
2. 3/1/10 - Whindam A few days after a 5' dump. The trees were untouched.
3. Sometime in early Jan. 10' - Berkshire back county Easy skin up a snowmobile trail then dropping into 1-2' totally untouched runs.
4. 3/16/10 - The Canyons Go to experience western skiing!
5. Not sure

Mildcat

#5- 2/27/10 Sunday River. A great powder day despite my legs being shot from skiing heavier snow the three previous days.

#4- 5/1/10 Sugarloaf. Last day of the season and what a great day to end it. 70+ degrees and sunny with plenty of open terrain. Got to talk to Radio Ron (seems like a super friendly guy) and I met and partied with a bunch of really great people. I also skied the T-bar line for the first time, best runs of the day were on there. From the Spillway lift I even saw BobR tearing up the bumps on Spillway.

#3- 4/3/10 Sugarloaf. A freaking awesome spring day. 70+ degrees, sunny, and the mountain was 100% open. Everything was great that day but I specifically remember Cant Dog, Rip Saw, Misery Whip, and Double Bitter.
Me on Cant Dog.
085.jpg

I think it's Gondi Line.
Sugarloaf4-3-10010.jpg

#2- 1/16/10 Saddleback. The weather kinda sucked that day, cold, windy, low visibility, and any exposed skin got sandblasted from the wind whipping up the snow. The lift line for the double at the base had to be a 1/2 hour long. So what made it so good? One word... Casafuckingblanca!!! We spent almost the whole day in the glades. Two weeks after the last storm but in the glades it felt like the day after a storm. The Kennebago Quad had no line. Did I mention this was my first time at Saddleback? Well they say the first impression is the lasting impression. I'll always think of this day when I think of Saddleback.
IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

#1- 4/24/10 Tuckerman. This made #1 because it was my first time skiing Tux and it was a perfect warm bluebird day. I'll always remember this day! Going with good friends that I normally ski with plus meeting a bunch of good and fun people made it easily the best day of the year even if it was only one quick run. I can't wait for next years trip.

Glenn

#1: First Tracks Saturday AM after the Mt. Snowicane. Simply awesome.

#2: Good Friday: Super warm and sunny.

4aprice

1. 03/06/10 Magic Mountain - Beautiful sunny day, lots of snow, just great to be back at that gem of a mountain.
2. 03/07/10 Stratton - another beautiful sunny day with lots of snow. A great day in the bumps believe it or not.
3. 03/31/10 Brighton, Utah - Snow storm - Great tree skiing off the Snake Creek lift. Fresh pow every run.
4. 04/01/10 Solitude, Utah - double digit powder. Several runs in the Honeycomb Canyon area that were just unbeatable.
5. 04/02/10 Snowbird, Utah - last day of my season. 18+" of powder in Mineral Basin.

Those were the top five but I have a good time when and whereever I go so honorable mentions go out for days at Mt Snow, Hunter Mountain, Elk Mountain, Blue Mountain and the homestead Camelback.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

tmcc71

my 5

1. Magic 2/24, best day on skiis ever

2. Ragged March 7

3. B east 12-24

4. wachusett powder day february (mid week schools closing as i'm a teacher) forgot date

5. wachusett March 27th, best Spring skiing day in recent memory for many reasons

maineskier69

Mine were as follows:
5. Powder Mountain, Utah 1/30, First day in Utah, hadn't snowed in a weed but freshies could be found
4. Powder Mountain, Utah 2/3, Day before we leave, legs are feelin it too but the snow is still amazing
3. Powder Mountain, Utah 2/2, Bluebird skies and still plenty of fresh especially in Powder Country
2. Powder Mountain, Utah 1/31, 2nd day and it starts dumping early and we ski with the storm
1. Powder Mountain, Utah 2/1, Day after storm, 14 inches of fresh, decide to extend trip 2 more days

I too was at Saddleback on 1/16 and can concur with Mildcat that the mountain skied like a day after the storm even though it was 2 weeks since the big dump. There were lift lines that day as it was the busiest day SB had seen in it's history. That record was broken twice the next two days I skied at SB 3/20 and 3/21. All 3 days I skied SB this year were record breaking days for skier visits. I guess the crowd likes to follow me around...

catsup948

5. Magic 1/2. Six inches if fresh on top of all kinds of surprises. Lots of wind blown places. We skied first tracks down master magician perfect boot deep powder. The next run by the whole trail was windblown.
4. Berkshire East MLK day. Six inches at the top two sloppy inches at the bottom. Snow covered up a lot of rocks and made for a great morning of skiing. I missed out on the 24 inch dump late Feb... I was skiing elsewhere.
3. Undisclosed location in VT 2/15. Resorts were icy and super crowded. We skinned 30 mins up to a perfect hardwood grove and skied knee deep goodness.
2. Saddleback, ME 2/27 and 2/28. Both days were EPIC! Two of the better powder days I've skied anywhere east or west coast.
1. Thunderbolt race 3/13. Conditions sucked, weather sucked but it was truly a great event! This was the best day based solely on the experience skiing aside.