• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tune Recomendation - Okemo/Ludlow

WoodCore

Have used Northern in the past with great results but have heard a lot a good things about the Totem Pole as well. Pretty sure both offer a season tune package.

Morewood

The Boot Pro at bottom of the access road and next to Kilarney's. Shon, Matt, Geake and all the guys are awesome. They offer season tunes, 10 packs etc. Best boot fitters in town too.

xwhaler

My uncle has been an Okemo placeholder now for the past 15 yrs....we stay at his place in Proctorsville a couple times/month. He swears by Northern Ski Works. He gets 3 skis season pass for $150 and it comes with a $50 store credit so effectively $100 which to me seems like a good value to me.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AlpineZone mobile app

xwhaler

My uncle has been an Okemo passholder now for the past 15 yrs....we stay at his place in Proctorsville a couple times/month. He swears by Northern Ski Works. He gets 3 skis season pass for $150 and it comes with a $50 store credit so effectively $100 which to me seems like a good value to me.

HD333

Called Totem Pole and Northern.

Totem Pole wants 150 for first person the 50 each additional ski/board, we have 6 so that adds up fast.

Northern had 150 for 3 pairs, then 99 each additional.

Guess I just have to head in and talk to someone to see what the best bang for our buck is with 4 people and 6 sets of equipment. I don't want to be shady and try to beat the system but if I can save a 100 on the up and up that is more $ for fun stuff.

Maybe a 10 pack or 2 is the way to go.

How often do you guys tune, for recreational use not racing?

Smellytele

Called Totem Pole and Northern.

Totem Pole wants 150 for first person the 50 each additional ski/board, we have 6 so that adds up fast.

Northern had 150 for 3 pairs, then 99 each additional.

Guess I just have to head in and talk to someone to see what the best bang for our buck is with 4 people and 6 sets of equipment. I don't want to be shady and try to beat the system but if I can save a 100 on the up and up that is more $ for fun stuff.

Maybe a 10 pack or 2 is the way to go.

What do the do add gold to the wax?

RustyGroomer

Not Ludlow but Magic does great affordable tunes. I’ll be dropping off multiple pairs tomorrow.

"Red Line Ski Shop Pre-Christmas Tuning Special
Matt and Andrew will be back this year handling your rental needs and keeping skis and boards expertly tuned. If you bring your equipment into the shop before before 12/21, you can save $10 on a complete tune ($35). Start the season off right at the Red Line Ski Shop at Magic"

WoodCore

I do my own tuning and try to tune skis after 3 days on the hill. I guess this equates to tuning once a week or so.

Talisman

I do my own tuning and try to tune skis after 3 days on the hill. I guess this equates to tuning once a week or so.

I tune skis myslef with the same frequency. If you keep up with the edges it doesn't take long to sharpen the edges and wax on a weekly basis. P-tex repairs are more time consuming. At mid season I do have a base grind done at a shop and Northen Ski Works does a good job.