• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Unusual skiing incidents

twinplanx

- Skiing the tram at Cannon on a weekday afternoon, got off the red car, made it to the bottom in time to load the yellow car, before they moved.

- Seeing 5 people successfully load the superstar quad at Killington.

- Seeing two consecutive top to bottom slides of Lower Ovation, while trying help someone stuck on the glare ice.

Wow, it's as if your the best skier on the mountain on any given day. Surprised you slowed down long enough to help someone out. ;-)

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

Domeskier

No, just a quiet day, they had to wait a few minutes to get enough people to be worth sending it up.

I have never skied Cannon and, based on their marketing materials, never would have guessed that one of the cars was yellow. I think they should start awarding cash prizes for this feat. But only for people who manage it skiing the tramline.

Highway Star

I have never skied Cannon and, based on their marketing materials, never would have guessed that one of the cars was yellow. I think they should start awarding cash prizes for this feat. But only for people who manage it skiing the tramline.

I was taking the most direct groomed route, vista to to avalanche if I recall correctly. Took a bit less than 2 minutes to ski down.