• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Vail / Hunter Marketing Dept ???

drjeff

why would you ever book official resort lodging. like ever. anywhere.

I didn't, I looked at Marriott's $714 a night. Almost sold out too??!

Has anyone seen what the resort owned hotels at Disney and Universal are getting per night these days? You do get the privilege of paying for extra perks if you stay on property,, and they have nightly rates in that range (and often more). That's often who Vail is targeting with those prices, and they'll probably sell most of those rooms as well....

BenedictGomez

I looked at Marriott's $714 a night. Almost sold out too??!

Where the freaking hell was this?!? Back when I was the b***h of a well-known Wall Street bank I used to be forced to routinely stay at the best hotels on the planet, and I never paid $714 a night. My biggest tab ever was $650 a night in Washington DC, at the hotel where the term "lobbying" comes from. Even the average Ritz or 4-Seasons I stayed at was usually only $350'ish - $400 a night or so.

catskillman

now this is amazing - Friday Hunter Mountain was awarded the Greene county Best Of award for the best Octoberfest!!! Accepted by Sarah Slutzky. Last year, was delayed due to covid....

RichT

N Haledon, NJ/Jewett, NY/South Seaside Park, NJ
now this is amazing - Friday Hunter Mountain was awarded the Greene county Best Of award for the best Octoberfest!!! Accepted by Sarah Slutzky. Last year, was delayed due to covid....

Pretty good for a place that hasn't done a damn thing beside skiing in two years!