• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Vermont Ski Area Summer Activities

VTKilarney

The Vermont Ski Areas Association has issued a press release on summer activities at ski areas. The press release features summer revenue activities as well as some infrastructure improvements. I'm not sure if it is supposed to be an exhaustive list of infrastructure improvements. If it is, there doesn't appear to be anything surprising - and it appears that it will be a relatively quiet summer. One nice piece of news is that Magic seems to be committed to improving their snowmaking.

The press release is here: http://www.skivermont.com/about-us/press-room/press-release/id/639

steamboat1

Last edited:

dlague

Many ski areas are jumping on the Bromley model.

i typed with my i thumbs using AlpineZone

steamboat1

Construction Update
Mansfield Construction Update
Gondola base:
This area is currently a construction/ hard hat zone. In addition, the bottom and middle Gondola lots are closed to unauthorized personnel.
ZipTour
: ZipTour construction will be taking place from the Gondola base to the Gondola summit, affecting several other areas including Goat Woods.
Upper Barnes Camp parking lot will be the staging area for snowmaking pipe.
Gondola upgrade is continuing all summer, with a scheduled opening of 9/13/14.

Spruce Construction Update

Construction is currently underway on the new Adventure Center, Stowe Mountain Club, outdoor ice skating plaza, additional retail and food outlets is taking place. Fencing is in place around all affected areas. Mass excavation and site work will continue through the end of the summer with vertical construction beginning this fall. Parking at Spruce is prohibited.