• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Vermont Skier Visits Down Significantly Due to COVID-19

KustyTheKlown

he's referring to pfizer getting full fda authorization today. lots of these assholes were using emergency authorization as their excuse to not get vaxxed.

Smellytele

he's referring to pfizer getting full fda authorization today. lots of these assholes were using emergency authorization as their excuse to not get vaxxed.
They already have - “vaccinated people still get covid so why bother?”
Although they aren’t getting any where near as sick as unvaccinated people.
Not my excuse but theirs.

KustyTheKlown

ya, that cohort may not be reachable. but there's a group who claimed EUA was their hold up. so lets see if that group goes for it now, or they move to some other garbage excuse like the one you list

2Planker

ya, that cohort may not be reachable. but there's a group who claimed EUA was their hold up. so lets see if that group goes for it now, or they move to some other garbage excuse like the one you list
This has been studied (Robert Wood Johnson Foundation ??) already and it's predicted that 25%-30% of the holdouts will now get the Vacc.

Seems optimistic to me.....

cdskier

Was pretty surprised today to find out 2 of my co-workers haven't had the shot yet. This came to light because my company announced Friday that effective today, you need to be vaccinated to go into the office...and these happen to be the 2 people on my team that were actually going into the office once a week to help out with some things that need to be done in the office. Meanwhile we're a pharma company that makes vaccines, so there's absolutely no reason they should have been surprised to see a mandate like this finally enacted in our office. The writing was on the wall quite a while ago that this would be coming eventually...

VTKilarney

I managed to avoid Covi-19 until my breakthrough case late last week. I felt like I had allergies - which I tend to get every year at this time. Out of an abundance of caution I tested. I was shocked when the result came back positive. I am pretty much over it now. Just a little nasal congestion.

To be honest, in a weird sort of way I am glad that I got it. The anxiety was much worse than reality for me. I have some travel plans in October, and I will be much less anxious about that. I know that individual results may vary, but at least mine were no big deal. No doubt being vaccinated helped with the symptoms.

cdskier

so these 2 idiots get rewarded with working from home because they aren't vaxed...

Meanwhile me (and 1 other co-worker) who are vaxed (but have been full-time remote since last March), now most likely need to go into the office once in a while to do their work (at least until they get vaxed, which both did state they plan to do now).

In my opinion, working from home is hell and not a reward. Monomtony. I'd rather work in the office any day.
After being remote since last March, I disagree. At first I wasn't crazy about full-time remote, but now I vastly prefer it. I may miss seeing some people in person, but I don't miss the hassle of dealing with commuting one bit. A decent number of people I work with aren't in my physical office location anyway, so even in the office I don't "see" them and only meet with them through conference calls, etc.

Hawk

You're not allowed to WFH full time, are you?
We been over this. Yes most of my company is working from home and it is acceptable to the owners. I just can not do it. Day in and day out at the house would drive me nuts. I work in Boston at Post Office Square. Lots of ourdoor lunch options. North End 10 minute walk. I get to interact with people(My Clients) in person. Walk to my contruction sites. Review issues in person. Things have been great the last 9 months. Not to mention I have picked up work because I was there in person and at the office. I know that it is a different world for desk jockies like financial guys, software, insurance, etc., but still, there is a big benefit to being close to your clients. I have been told in the last month that I won the job becuase I was willing to go the extra yard and be there in person. Walking 10 minutes to a client beats driving back and forth an hour from my house and I get to interact with the colleagues that have a like minded view of things and are in the office.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Anything would be better than coming in to this city anymore.

I can imagine. I'm up in Danbury but go all around the area for work. In the past 3-5ish years traffic has just become nuts. It doesn't matter what time of day or the day of the week anymore- it's like Long Island in that you're going to hit traffic. I-95 at mid-day travels between 25 and 45mph. I-84 everywhere between 684 and Hartford is a total utter shitshow.

It wasn't always like this...even just a decade ago.

x10003q

I can imagine. I'm up in Danbury but go all around the area for work. In the past 3-5ish years traffic has just become nuts. It doesn't matter what time of day or the day of the week anymore- it's like Long Island in that you're going to hit traffic. I-95 at mid-day travels between 25 and 45mph. I-84 everywhere between 684 and Hartford is a total utter shitshow.

It wasn't always like this...even just a decade ago.
CT has been a shytshow for decades. Everytime I head to Mass there is some issue. The stretch of 84 from 684 to Hartford with mostly 2 lanes is a disaster and has been since the mid 1980s. It is still the same size today. The fool who though adding Route 7 in thru Danbury without an expansion should be shot. This section is an alternative to 95 for traffic leaving New England and it is 2 lanes, yet it has never been expanded to 3 lanes.
The Merritt and 95 are their own nightmares, again due to the density of thru traffic from New England and the increase in local density in CT.

I just looked at Google traffic - 95 is mostly red and orange from the NYS line to Milford, the Merritt has some orange and red, and 84 is red from Newtown to Danbury. It is 10 AM on a Tuesday in the summer. Crazy.

dblskifanatic

CT has been a shytshow for decades. Everytime I head to Mass there is some issue. The stretch of 84 from 684 to Hartford with mostly 2 lanes is a disaster and has been since the mid 1980s. It is still the same size today. The fool who though adding Route 7 in thru Danbury without an expansion should be shot. This section is an alternative to 95 for traffic leaving New England and it is 2 lanes, yet it has never been expanded to 3 lanes.
The Merritt and 95 are their own nightmares, again due to the density of thru traffic from New England and the increase in local density in CT.

I just looked at Google traffic - 95 is mostly red and orange from the NYS line to Milford, the Merritt has some orange and red, and 84 is red from Newtown to Danbury. It is 10 AM on a Tuesday in the summer. Crazy.

I could never do that on a daily basis!

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!

It's always been bad at rush hours but it's never been constant like it is in the recent past.

I had heard 84 and Route 7 were two lanes in Danbury and it was expanded to three lanes in the 80s when Praxair moved to Danbury. They're working on studies to add more lanes but there won't be shovels in the ground til the 2030s...whatever expansion they do would be extremely major as there's a crapton of bridges and overpasses in this stretch.

Every time I get stuck in traffic now I think of how happy I am I'm getting out of here!!! I'd rather wait an hour to head up/down Little Cottonwood Canyon on a powder day to world-class skiing rather than have what-should-be a 15 minute commute to get home from work actually be 30-40 minutes.