• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Volkl AC3's first day

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Cannon is a good mountain to try out your AC3s at. If ever there was a mountain that fit the ACx line's style it is Cannon. Cannon works best with a mountain that can rail the groomers and hard pack but lighten up enough to make bumps and natural snow work. Back in my Cannon home mountain days, I skied my Volkl P50s with much success which are narrower and more groomer oriented.

Hawkshot99

I skied the AC30 for the first time last night at Jiminey. Conditions were icy in the middle and nice soft on the sides. Handled it all nicely, and even was pretty good for jumps. Was very good and enjoyable. Did not hit any bumps though.

Next time I will try out the AC40.:snow:

BeanoNYC

I love my AC3's. On an icy day or a day out on the groomers, there is nothing I like better. I sometimes find them exhausting to ski, however. (usually dependent on terrain) I just picked up a pair of Public Enemies on ebay for those lazier days or days off the corduroy.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I love my AC3's. On an icy day or a day out on the groomers, there is nothing I like better.
....that you have tried yet. AC3 is definitely not the best groomer exclusive or icy day ski in the Volkl lineup. Tigershark/Racetiger rip up groomers way way way better than the AC series.

BeanoNYC

....that you have tried yet. AC3 is definitely not the best groomer exclusive or icy day ski in the Volkl lineup. Tigershark/Racetiger rip up groomers way way way better than the AC series.

I'll think for myself; thank you very much. I've tried both the TS and Racetiger. Again a few weeks ago, as a matter of fact. I said "there is nothing I like better."

Last edited:

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Fair enough. Didn't mean to put words in your mouth but I am stunned that any one would pick the AC3 over the more race/groomer oriented models in Volkl's line. Bad assumption on my part that you had not tried the Tigershark/Racetiger series.

Greg

Staff member
Glad you like them UHK! Definitely a very stable ski.

BeanoNYC

I am stunned that any one would pick the AC3 over the more race/groomer oriented models in Volkl's line.

It's actually quite simple. I'm not a very skilled or aggressive skiier. The AC3 is more than enough ski for me. I really get my ass kicked on those skis and that's not fun for me. :)

UHK...glad you like those skis too. Best of luck. You bought last year's (black,) I assume?

Last edited: