• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VT intel for the wekeend

Kleetus

Given the storm today and potential follow up storm on Sunday/Monday debating making a trip to VT. Question is Southern VT or North-central VT or both. If models hold definitely thinking Magic for Monday.

Question is Saturday/Sunday. Anyone been to Killington or Sugarbush post thaw this week? Assuming it's pretty crusty but both did get snow prior and looked like rain was limited. Thinking of heading to either one of those days. Also would consider Mt. Snow, but got a couple days in there a few weekends ago and looking to hit elsewhere. Flatton and Okemo are not my thing.

Also debating waiting for next weekend and making a run towards Northern VT, but given it's Presidents weekend I am hesitant due to the crowd factor.

bdfreetuna

This weekend? All of VT got a glaze over. Southern VT got a couple more inches before it turned. Then this storm today, Southern VT is getting more than central and northern is getting not much at all.

In short, go to Mount Snow tomorrow and Magic on Monday. Next weekend presents many more options.

Some places in NoVT have crowds, others don't. Next weekend I'll be skiing the ones that don't.

tnt1234

N. Vt frozen solid, with a few inches coming down, is the report I got from a friend at Stowe. He's calling off piste off limits till considerable more snow. Groomers frozen and fast.

S. vt. till sunday seems wise to me.

KustyTheKlown

i'm third wheeling with a friend and his girlfriend this weekend. they booked a hotel in stowe which we cant cancel and the plan has been jay saturday and sugarbush sunday. sugarbush is non negotiable as they need to use their quad pack this weekend. i'm trying to convince sugarbush saturday and then anyplace south for sunday. going all the way to jay doesn't seem smart. sugarbush is posting about a "mini powder day" and showed some nice soft snow cruising on top of what i presume was a groomer. worried about trees and bumps after the glaze, afraid that this snow just isnt enough to really have the whole place skiing decently. jay is also reporting some new snow today.

i so badly want to go to magic sunday but its not gonna happen.

WWF-VT

I skied for a short time at Mt Ellen today. 2-4” of new snow was good to cover the firm base after yesterday’s warm up and should groom in well. It’s currently brutally cold and will likely not get out of the single digits for temperature on Friday. Weekend looks like snow showers and 20’s on Saturday with a better chance of snow and temps in the 20’s on Sunday.

bushpilot

Conditions are horrible. Not a single skiable trail. Best for you all to stay home and enjoy that southern snow you just got. Absolutely horrible!

Kleetus

Conditions are horrible. Not a single skiable trail. Best for you all to stay home and enjoy that southern snow you just got. Absolutely horrible!

Well I feel bad I'm driving out for those horrible conditions... hear it's only going to get worse on Monday

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Last edited:

bushpilot

Well I feel bad I'm driving out for those horrible conditions... hear it's only going to get worse on Monday

Turn back now! It's only gonna get worse. Your best bet is probably that place in New Jersey.

Kleetus

For the record I'm not from NJ. Not that that's a bad thing but not driving down there as VT is closer.