• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wachusett "Late Season" Conditions

hammer

Just curious...how are conditions at Wachusett in the evenings at this time of the season? I may go there in a few weeks but my pass is only good from 4PM on during weekends.

wa-loaf

I'll be there tomorrow for Ride-em and Rank-em. And Sunday for the Good Race. I'll post a report for at least the R&R.

playoutside

I was there Tuesday night and conditions were terrific. Plenty of snow, no dirt showing, crowds (buses) are gone, temps awesome. Perfect time of year at Wachusett. Hoping to use my pass a few more times in the coming weeks.

wa-loaf

They made snow last night. Nice packed powder everywhere except the Smith headwall that got scraped down to ice. Bumps even got a coating of snow making them skiable.

hammer

They made snow last night. Nice packed powder everywhere except the Smith headwall that got scraped down to ice. Bumps even got a coating of snow making them skiable.
Thanks for the update...won't be there this weekend because of a planned trip to Crotched, though.

How's the coverage look? Think they will still have most trails open in a week or so?

JasonE

Website
www.kittiesforacure.com
Thanks for the update...won't be there this weekend because of a planned trip to Crotched, though.

How's the coverage look? Think they will still have most trails open in a week or so?

I don't know how it looks now that they've made some snow, but as of Thursday night the coverage was pretty good on everything except the beginner hill. There were only a few bare spots, but there were a few places where you could see a hint of ground showing through, especially on Hitchcock and Challenger where they get scraped a lot.

Barring a major warmup, they should make it to the last week of March, at least I'm hoping they do.