• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wachusett pushing opening up to Tuesday.

tmcc71

doubtful

Wednesday doesnt look good. It turns to rain around 11:00 am. I bet they will reopen Thursday or Friday. They only have one trail open tonight, Conifer. It's going to be an ugly scene to be sure. I'm headed up now and will update later.

neil

Wednesday doesnt look good. It turns to rain around 11:00 am. I bet they will reopen Thursday or Friday. They only have one trail open tonight, Conifer. It's going to be an ugly scene to be sure. I'm headed up now and will update later.
I'd appreciate it if you report back. Especially with any ideas when they'll be open during the week.

wa-loaf

If they are open and I can get there around 9, that's 2 hours of lapping the hill before it starts to mix (at 11, rain isn't forecast until later).

tmcc71

Ok, heres the deal

I got there at 4 today. The lines were 30 minutes long. They had one trail open (conifer). Due to the traffic they were running one lift alternating one full, one empty chair. The trail was pure ice. It was 80 percent teenage snowboarders. They were flying down connifer like scud missiles. My girlfriend and I did one run and ran for the hills. I would advise people to stay far away from Wa until a base is down, and opening season fever subsides. We are considering going up north this weekend to avoid this plague (wachusett early season disorder). Good luck if you decide to go to this disaster.

neil

I looked on the webcam and saw the long line earlier...pretty funny.

Shame it was so bad for you. I know deep down that I should resist from going until more trails are open, but I am jonesing so hard right now. Damn.

tmcc71

I was itching too

I was the same way, but the usual Wa crowd scratched my itch. I need to stay away from that place as much as I can this season. I can only take so much of the crowds. I love the mountain, it's the unbelievable crowds that turns me off.

wa-loaf

Kinda pissing me off this morning. No updates on whether they'll be open today. I'm not going to drive up if I can't be sure.

tmcc71

no update on phone or web. Bad business

I cant believe they are not updating. People need to know so they can prepare. Yesterdays opening was a sham so they could pad thier opening day numbers. A ski resort should be open when it is snowing..period!

neil

I woke up to a snow report from them for today.

Doesnt say what time they open...assuming 9am, but can't be sure

neil

What's it like out there wa-loaf? Nasty mix in Boston.

The Sneak

I bet conditions will be much better at the mighty wa come saturday given the snow they are getting today and the prime snowmaking temps thursday night onwards.

Just get there early. There's nobody in the lot at 7:30....

xfactor58

I think today is the last obstacle for the next 10 days (according to the 10 day forcast), the rain should hammer the mountain this afternoon, but with all that new snow this morning it shouldnt be much of a setback. The next 10 days look cool, with some snow! I'm going to make the trip to Wa tomorrow anyway, if there open.

hrstrat57

HOLA DUDE!!

Where you been mang?

Work, golf, tennis and a little road biking.....

This cold weather might have me putting the cover on the golf bag and looking for those super shapes.....

No interest in WROD tho, I am holding out for more wa trails....

Sky

No interest in WROD tho, I am holding out for more wa trails....

Good call. I'm glad I had two runs before the Race League event...but I've had my "fix" till more terrain is avaialable. Should not take long with these temps!!

Also....pre-Christmas....I'm lucky to get out at all. Too much decorating and shopping and family events.