• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Washing Ski Boot Liners

dblskifanatic

So My wife and I bought new ski boots last year and used them about 10 days - so plenty of life left. The unfortunate thing for us, water got into our basement which is typically dry and flooded the floor with about 2 inches of water. Our ski boots got knocked /tipped over and the liners soaked up a bunch of water and were left that way for a week or so. I dried them out the best I could and now they have a musty smell. My boots have ID liners and my wife's boots have IF liners so the dryer is out of the question. I was thinking of putting them in the washing machine on gentle cycle. I have never really washed my liners before. I have taken them out and left them outside in the sun for a few days and used dryer sheets. If my feet got hot then I put paper towel in my boots to pull moisture when I get home.

What are your thoughts or methods regarding liners?

dblskifanatic

According to Dalbello - We would not recommend to wash the liner in a washing machine because this can cause de-lamination in the padding. The best way is a hand wash with a sponge and soap , rinse with no problem with a good quantity of water. And drying it inside and not in the sun.

Showed this to my wife and she is not interested and wants to get new boots - oh well. Not a huge loss. We bought the Dalbello Panterra 120 ID for myself and Dalbello DS 100 W for her for $249 and $199 respectively. Time to go shopping.

PAabe

You might be able to just buy new liners, although idk how cost effective that would be especially if you are getting a shop to heat fit them. Can be done with an oven at home also. Dont know that I would trust myself to fit them as good a quality as a shop