• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weather for April 5-7 (and preceeding week)?

ts01

Thanks rivercoil. I'd be interested in any reports you or others can report, even just Saturday - cause it looks like the damage will be done by then.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I don't think you need to worry about damage being done. So long as it corns up, there is a sensational amount of snow and it is not going to melt in a week. Last Sunday there still was not a bare spot on the mountain any where.

ts01

Thanks. I guess I've got residual Catskills / Berkshires paranoia - down here rain at this time of year plus 40's - 50's can really destroy things, especially if it's all natural snow (e.g., Plattekill gets demolished easily). I'll think of something else to worry about (actually I'm thrilled at the prospect of even ONE DAY at MRG, I hope they're open Monday).

loafer89

It's looking like it will be slightly colder than originally forecast for Western Maine with 5" possible above 1,000' on friday. Sugarloaf and Saddleback could do well.

noski

I don't think you need to worry about damage being done. So long as it corns up, there is a sensational amount of snow and it is not going to melt in a week. Last Sunday there still was not a bare spot on the mountain any where.

Riv- you are patient, you have had to say this same thing no less than 3 times in the same thread! The MRV conditions are very good for this time of year! Do some research on SkiMRV. It is snowing-really snowing- here now.....

jaywbigred

Anyone have ideas about Saturday 4/5 (tomorrow) in the Catskills? Rain event? Snow event? Belleayre is reporting 7 bump trails on their conditions report and me and gf want to hit that, but she will freak out if its pouring rain while we ski...

kingslug

Anyone have ideas about Saturday 4/5 (tomorrow) in the Catskills? Rain event? Snow event? Belleayre is reporting 7 bump trails on their conditions report and me and gf want to hit that, but she will freak out if its pouring rain while we ski...

Wait until Sunday for a bluebird day.

tekweezle

i hope this weather doesn;t prove to be the season killer.....

Mikey1

Anyone have any info on what the weather is doing in southern and central VT today. Radar looks like it is dumping in Northern VT and 'Dacks, did the more southern areas get any snow?

noski

Anyone have any info on what the weather is doing in southern and central VT today. Radar looks like it is dumping in Northern VT and 'Dacks, did the more southern areas get any snow?
It has been snowing here (MRV) since 8am. It turned to sleet for about 10 mins, then right back to snow.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I doubt it is "dumping" any where but certainly more snow than previously expected. The radar shows blue over Plymouth but it changed over to rain a few hours ago... the radar is not to be trusted currently, IMO.

loafer89

It's snowing hard at the base of Sugarloaf right now according to what I can see on the live webcam, and the website says 2-3" new as of 2:45pm

We are taking a break from skiing this weekend.

reefer

Sugarloaf 7"

Just got back from the Loaf! 3-4" as I skied Friday afternoon, 7" total Saturday morning and they opened pretty much everything!. Trip report and pictures in the morning. All snow from noon til about 8:00 Fiday night!

mondeo

Ok, what the hell happened in VT? All week, weather says Saturday rain, Sunday sun. So all week, I plan for Sunday. And then the days just decided to swap, I guess. Not cool, Weather. Not cool. And I thought you were my friend.

ts01

The Sunday sun showed up Monday - spectacular day today at MRG. Rivercoil if you're still following this thread thanks for info, it was as good (or better) than expected. Just great conditions today, bright blue skis and it warmed up by mid morning the snow was soft and fun. Don't know how to explain the sunburn tomorrow at work though that's a good problem too have.