• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wed, 11/12/08...the leaves are (4the most part) Down!

bigbog

The last of the leaves for 08'..from last tree in backyahd to drop em'...OMG, Never thought this tree's leaves would ever turn...were still solid green until first week in November.

eol.jpg

SteveD

Greg

Staff member
Most of our oak trees have dropped their leaves. A few with still a fair number of leaves here and there, but I'm doing lawn clean-up this weekend and anything else that falls can wait till spring.

drjeff

I'm pretty much done too. Just need to take care of a few isolated spots around the yard and a couple of planting beds. I still have 1 Japanese Maple that's right next to my house that's barely lost a leaf, but traditionally those haven't come down until January - so those are spring issues.

Seems to me, atleast in my yard that leaf season has ended a week or 2 early this year. Usually for me, the final big clean up is Thanksgiving week, but I did the last of the major clean ups this past Monday.

bigbog

drjeff...
You know...this isn't an ordinary looking maple....maybe I oughtta do a little data mining;-)

*Yes, the straggler leaves will get the same treatment here too Greg...

OldsnowboarderME....After that extremely wet Spring of a few+ years ago...have an additional tree that's not so healthy develop some type of fungus on trunk...really strange color-change schedule with that one...in addition to the third maple (in back..in pic) that just didn't want to change at all till after Halloween...

SteveD

WoodCore

All my leaves including the Oaks are down and mostly picked up! I hope the remaining leaves dry out enough this weekend to be picked up as the approaching cold weather means the rake and blower are certain to be traded for boots and skis next weekend!