• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weekend lines?

kingslug

Stowe was busy but not insane. The pass blackouts coupled with 35 below windchills this morning. Still..i rode the double and triple which were ski on..then over to Spruce for some rock mogul skiing.

cdskier

Stowe was busy but not insane. The pass blackouts coupled with 35 below windchills this morning. Still..i rode the double and triple which were ski on..then over to Spruce for some rock mogul skiing.

Was there wind at Stowe? There was really none at Sugarbush to speak of (at least at ME). So the temps around 0 to start the day were not really a big deal.

kingslug

The top of the quad may be one of the windiest places on earth...Totaly different than SB. Many people don't believe the windchills that happen up there. My record is 40 below last year..it made the news. My friend in Utah thinks windchill is bullshit..as he tells me all the time from his living room.

kingslug

Will be an interesting Monday
...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY MORNING THROUGH TUESDAY AFTERNOON... WHAT...Heavy mixed precipitation possible. Total snow and sleet accumulations of 5 to 10 inches and ice accumulations up to or around one tenth of an inch possible. The highest snow amounts will be along the New York and Pennsylvania border with the higher amounts of ice heading southward toward the Poconos.

Smellytele

Will be an interesting Monday
...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY MORNING THROUGH TUESDAY AFTERNOON... WHAT...Heavy mixed precipitation possible. Total snow and sleet accumulations of 5 to 10 inches and ice accumulations up to or around one tenth of an inch possible. The highest snow amounts will be along the New York and Pennsylvania border with the higher amounts of ice heading southward toward the Poconos.
Then Friday is a shit show!

kingslug

Remember the last time we thought this..turned out rather well...didn't it.
These reports simply do not show mountain weather. There was no real prediction for Sugarbush and it picked up over a foot since I've been here..snowed every day for 5 days. Add in lake effect for certain places and ...it turns out pretty well at times.

drjeff

Honestly today got almost 20 runs in at Mount Snow, and not trying to avoid lifts that typically get the big lines at times that typically get the big lines either.

Truthfully the longest line I waited in was about 2 o'clock after I had taken my ski boots off for the day, and was waiting to get an apres ski adult beverage at Canned, with friends on an absolutely glorious weather afternoon and ski day. That line was almost 20 minutes!!

PAabe

The Xcountry joint was jumpin! Crystal lake - the parking lot was full, lots of people looked like they were renting for the first time. This may support the "nobody went [downhill] skiing, it was too crowded" hypothesis.

Last edited:

njdiver85

Mount Snow quite reasonable yesterday, with very short lift lines except at the base, and even there, much less crowded than what most expected. Today judging from the parking lot at 9am, looks to be lighter than yesterday.

snoseek

Alot of people are blacked saturday and sunday right?

I'm told cannon is sold out of day tickets for tomorrow...

Last edited:

bizarrefaith

Cannon has been sold out just about every weekend since Christmas. Lines today were smaller than last weekend

snoseek

Cannon has been sold out just about every weekend since Christmas. Lines today were smaller than last weekend
I've not skied weekends but it sounds like they cut off sales to actually make lines reasonable which is great

catskillman

today was over sold at Hunter. Lines were crazy. Even the north was busy busy. And Wayout is the new belt parkway as far as haveing to dodge beginners that are way in over their ability. It has been crazy the last few days ! I think it is even worse the parkway. I take Z now to avoid having to go down the parkway to get back to the base., when it is open that is...

kingslug

Just added up all the money im spending..by not going to Hunter..but i really dont care as its kind of forcing me to move around more...
I do hope next season it returns to normal..if there is a normal to return to..