• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weekend March 4-6 2016

yeggous

Where you skiing/riding?

Wildcat on Saturday. There is an EICSL race and discount ($45?) tickets can be arranged if you ask nicely.

Sunday is up in the air. Anywhere in the Mt Washington Valley is a possibility. I have valley pass tickets to burn.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

KustyTheKlown

jay, but may do the quebec tremblant drive this weekend. its so cheap and on max pass, big snow tonight, clear weather for the weekend, not too cold, with safe driving conditions sunday.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
I'm using my two night Cranwell Resort (Lenox, MA) voucher I won in an Easter Egg hunt last April at Butternut. Normally the hotel costs $300 a night this time of year and I'll be in it for a total of ~23 hours over the weekend (14 of which will be spent sleeping). Skiing Berkshire East Saturday, Mount Snow Sunday, and Catamount Monday. Three states, three days.

STREETSKIER

Thursday -sun will be ........ Garbage everywhere keeps getting worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deadheadskier

Staff member
Be aware that the National Telemarking Championships are being held at Crotched this Thursday-Sunday. Not sure of the impact or number of racers. Could be fun to watch. Make sure to see the bottom of a previous course at about 50 seconds from this youtube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npK8xq-hGiw

Thanks. I never pay attention to such matters. Pretty set on going there either way unless I see compelling reason to head up North. Wildcat claims 5", but the way things are going this year they'll net 2" after the rain

Smellytele

Be aware that the National Telemarking Championships are being held at Crotched this Thursday-Sunday. Not sure of the impact or number of racers. Could be fun to watch. Make sure to see the bottom of a previous course at about 50 seconds from this youtube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npK8xq-hGiw

I did one of those at gunstock one year. It was tough. It wasn't the national championship. The one I did had even a bigger uphill section. I won a pair of bindings - well more like I was given a pair of bindings. My age group was small.

drjeff

I did one of those at gunstock one year. It was tough. It wasn't the national championship. The one I did had even a bigger uphill section. I won a pair of bindings - well more like I was given a pair of bindings. My age group was small.

Just an FYI thing here, if last years starting lists are indicative of how many racers will be there, NEXT weekend at Gunstock there's going to be about 400 kids + various parents, other family members and coaches using Tiger and Cannonball for what essentially amounts to the U12 and U14 Northeast alpine Championships. This might compell Gunstock to at least fire the guns on the race hills, ahead of the likely warmth later next week, the next few days as even before any parent/family tickets are sold and/or food + beverage for family members are sold, Gunstock is looking at about 75k in race entry fees coming to them based on the number of entry's last year. I'm guessing that more many reasons, Gunstock DOESN'T want to have to cancel this event!!

For me this weekend its a double Mount Snow weekend. I will enjoy for the 1st time in 5 weeks not having to travel at some point over the weekend to a race for my kids at some other mountain!

KustyTheKlown

In an effort to break up the long drives I'm thinking about driving to Burlington Friday night, getting a hotel for Friday-Sunday, driving to tremblant sarurday, back to Burlington to sleep, then to Jay or Bolton Sunday. Bolton dropped a lot of ropes today and I still have a voucher to use.

VTKilarney

In an effort to break up the long drives I'm thinking about driving to Burlington Friday night, getting a hotel for Friday-Sunday, driving to tremblant sarurday, back to Burlington to sleep, then to Jay or Bolton Sunday. Bolton dropped a lot of ropes today and I still have a voucher to use.

On your way back from Tremblant, I consider staying on the Canadian side of the border. With the exchange rate, you get such a good bang for your buck. This works better for Jay Peak. There aren't a lot of good options in Canada across from from Highgate, but there are some good options near the border with Jay Peak.

bdfreetuna

Bolton dropped a lot of ropes today and I still have a voucher to use.

Bout time, they've had enough snow on their terrain for a while. BV has made disappointing efforts to open any terrain this year. I was up there in January and the entire mountain was covered and with plenty of base, but only Vista chair was open. At least everything off Vista is open again.. if it holds out I might be able to use my 4 pack this season.

Doesn't make sense to me why they so often say there's not enough snow on Wilderness when that mountain is the same elevation as the middle mountain. And you can clearly see the trails are covered with the exact same snow.

Weekend plans.. Sutton on Saturday and Jay on Sunday .. 2 nights at Hotel L'Horizon in Sutton.