• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

weekend of March 8 and 9 what hill are your planning on hitting .

Savemeasammy

You coming to my party? It is my birthday Sunday but no party...

Yes. That sounds great. Do you mind if I bail and go skiing instead, though?

I knew you would understand.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

chuckstah

Voucher burning tour of VT. Starting at Burke Sat and then heading north. Jay, Smuggs x 2, MRG, Stowe, Sugarbush in no particular order. Plan on ending the week at Kmart to purchase spring pass and use for the weekend. May call an audible and head south during the week if some substantial snow hits.

〽❄❅

Elk Friday,should soften up, looking for some decent bumps, anyone have an update?
Was there yesterday. Early morning groomed was very good till skied off, still not bad the rest of the day given lack of natural snow. Bumps galore on Tunkhannock! Because of the hard snow (not ice), varying shapes and closeness they were difficult for me. Not icy just not soft enough to bash and pivot, probably just fine for the zipper liners, i'm not that good. I usually do better on Mohawk, sadly allot of it's bumps were plowed down with some remaining at the top and midsection. For me with the given conditions Tioga Spur bumps were fun! Of the groomers Slalom skied the best. Overall Elk was firm hardpack, definitely not granular ice pellets, no death cookies and only a few small trash can lid size ice patches to be found if you really looked for them.

jrmagic

Voucher burning tour of VT. Starting at Burke Sat and then heading north. Jay, Smuggs x 2, MRG, Stowe, Sugarbush in no particular order. Plan on ending the week at Kmart to purchase spring pass and use for the weekend. May call an audible and head south during the week if some substantial snow hits.

That's quite the tour. Enjoy!

xlr8r

Still undecided, Anybody have any opinions on what the best day trip area from Boston will be this weekend. Gunstock, Ragged, Loon???

For some reason no mountain is inspiring me this weekend, I do not know where to go.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
〽❄❅;830313 said:
Was there yesterday. Early morning groomed was very good till skied off, still not bad the rest of the day given lack of natural snow. Bumps galore on Tunkhannock! Because of the hard snow (not ice), varying shapes and closeness they were difficult for me. Not icy just not soft enough to bash and pivot, probably just fine for the zipper liners, i'm not that good. I usually do better on Mohawk, sadly allot of it's bumps were plowed down with some remaining at the top and midsection. For me with the given conditions Tioga Spur bumps were fun! Of the groomers Slalom skied the best. Overall Elk was firm hardpack, definitely not granular ice pellets, no death cookies and only a few small trash can lid size ice patches to be found if you really looked for them.

Thanks for the details ,Sounds good, cloudcover tomorrow may take some time to soften up.

Madroch

Sunday few laps at cannon- Monday 100k at wildcat.

xlr8r

I now think I have decided on going to Loon tomorrow. Hopefully South Peak will remain uncrowded.

Warp Daddy

Just pounded out 50 runs yesterday and today at Titus .:-D

Easily the BEST 2 days of the season . The snow is awesome ,deep and no ice or open patches . Were talking full sise to side hero snow . Both days SUNNY , No clouds or crowds and DEEP blue sky , man it was choice !!!

the snowpack is so deep this season they could be skiing into very late April if they keep it open :daffy:

〽❄❅

Greek Peak on Sat. 3/8/14.
DEMO DAY!!!
Staying home yet again, Greek Peak, demo day Saturday, Blizzard and Volkl reps will be there, can't wait to demo some skis. I'm interested in the Blizzard Brahma.
Tempting, how are Greek's current conditions compared to Elk? Gotta factor that in since i'm looking at a 2h15m drive to get to Elk vs. 3h19m to Greek Peak.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
〽❄❅;830512 said:
Tempting, how are Greek's current conditions compared to Elk? Gotta factor that in since i'm looking at a 2h15m drive to get to Elk vs. 3h19m to Greek Peak.
Elk was great this morning and awesome in the afternoon!