• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weekend Speculation Thread - The Presidential Edition! 2/16-17

Jully

I skied Crotched today. They got about 6 inches, very dense snow. Everything skied good with only UFO and Jupiter's left ungroomed. Solstice glade was skiable, and will get better with more traffic. Being the first one on ungroomed sections was not ideal. The snow was starting to set up a bit when I left at 4 ish.

Great Intel, thanks. The other glades were not skiable or you didn't get to see?

chuckstah

I saw tracks in other glades. I skied some of the short shots in and around Final Frontier. Thin but very skiable. Didn't try any glades off the top. O ya, the Rocket went down for much of the afternoon (maintenance), but eventually came back on line.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
I was there today. The naturals were pretty decent but the trees were horrible. At least "Chop Chop". More like Scrape-scrape on ice/rocks.

Careful what you say...trees skied fantastic yesterday. Chop-chop is south-facing and had no coverage on it before this snow. I was shocked to see a rock dropped on it. i'm not suprised it skied like shit. The majority of trees at K skied great (Low Rider, the Light, Somewhere/Nowhere, even low stuff like the Stairs).

Only the rockpiles (Julio, Anarchy, Bear trees, Royal Flush and that ridge) need snow now, the rest is in good shape.

Robbski

Grab your passport and keep driving. Le Massif reports 60 cm of new snow w/ more in the way. I’m Headed up to QC on Sunday to ski there and Mont. Ste. Anne.

del.hess.1

All N VT reports seem good..A foot helped..more on the way.
Burke reporting 16". Hopefully it's all snow (none of the r word) on the hill this weekend. I'll be there with my kids on Monday

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mulva

Careful what you say...trees skied fantastic yesterday. Chop-chop is south-facing and had no coverage on it before this snow. I was shocked to see a rock dropped on it. i'm not suprised it skied like shit. The majority of trees at K skied great (Low Rider, the Light, Somewhere/Nowhere, even low stuff like the Stairs).

Only the rockpiles (Julio, Anarchy, Bear trees, Royal Flush and that ridge) need snow now, the rest is in good shape.

Royal Flush with rocks poking through everywhere and thin cover is still some good shit though. :)

tnt1234

Grab your passport and keep driving. Le Massif reports 60 cm of new snow w/ more in the way. I’m Headed up to QC on Sunday to ski there and Mont. Ste. Anne.

Been there, done that. Totally worth it. But can't swing 10 hrs. each way this time.

tnt1234

If the predicted temperatures hold, they'll see some rain. There's only so many degrees Fahrenheit that elevation can overcome.

Bummer. Just saw the black lift might be down for the weekend too.

My luck with Magic is just plain cursed. Every time I plan a day there something goes wrong.