• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weekend Thread..11/14-11/16...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey All,

It's almost another weekend..what is everybody up to??? I have no plans at all....except for relaxing and exercising..I'm going to try to lay off the beer..not so much because I'm a drunk but due to the calories. I'm sure I'll do some parking lot pimping and maybe I'll ghostride the whip..Everybody have a great weekend!!!

nelsapbm

Tonight...UVM hockey vs. Northeastern at the Gut. May go downtown for dinner first.
Tomorrow... UVM basketball vs. George Mason at Patrick.
GO CATS!
Sunday....laundry, grocery shopping, football.

Greg

Staff member
Watch it rain on Saturday and clean up wet leaves on Sunday. Hopefully squeeze one last MTB ride in before sunset on Sunday.

Moe Ghoul

Doin some batch cookin, working with the wife to get her handling the dogs before next Wed., gym, and if she's doing well on her foot by Sunday, I'll finally go up to the attic to drag out my ski duds. No point in putting the Jones factor in overdrive prematurely until I see her walking well enough to deal on her own.

Tonight...UVM hockey vs. Northeastern at the Gut. May go downtown for dinner first.
Tomorrow... UVM basketball vs. George Mason at Patrick.
GO CATS!
Sunday....laundry, grocery shopping, football.

Nice I miss going to Hockey games at UVM..The night freshman year when I wound up in a hospital bed for Alchohal poisening began with several pulls from a friends flask at the Gut,,I never went to a UVM basketball game..

Geoff

Nice I miss going to Hockey games at UVM..The night freshman year when I wound up in a hospital bed for Alchohal poisening began with several pulls from a friends flask at the Gut,,I never went to a UVM basketball game..

I got kicked out of there once for smuggling in a bunch of Molson Brador. We used to make a weekly beer run over the border to get the high alcohol stuff that wasn't imported. I was more upset over losing the beer than missing the last bit of the hockey game. When I went to UVM, they had just moved up from division 2 where they had been the best team in the country to division 1 where the good teams like BU pounded the snot out of them.

Geoff

Saturday is turkey dinner with all the fixin's at the Grange Hall. It's always on the first day of rifle season. I've been going to that for 20+ years. I doubt there will be many skiers this year.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I hadn't really thought about it until now, I really don't have much planned. Some minor home improvement crap.

Maybe I'll walk around the house with my ski boots on & with my jeans tucked inside of them.

2knees

tonight, nothin. stayed up too late/had too many beers watching the pats last night.

saturday- going out with the crew. havent done that in a few months. should get interesting as usual.

sunday no clue. but football will be in the mix at some point.

I got kicked out of there once for smuggling in a bunch of Molson Brador. We used to make a weekly beer run over the border to get the high alcohol stuff that wasn't imported. I was more upset over losing the beer than missing the last bit of the hockey game. When I went to UVM, they had just moved up from division 2 where they had been the best team in the country to division 1 where the good teams like BU pounded the snot out of them.

In my Junior year one of my buddys was in charge of finding music acts for a SGA concert series in the Patrick Gym..it worked out good for me because he got me a job as security where I wore a yellow t-shirt and made sure people weren't bringing in contraband. A pretty fun gig and $30 pay and you get to see the concert. I wish they had the budget for Snoop Dogg..

Dr Skimeister

Just back from Wine Country with some nice finds....a good Sangoviese, a fun Cotes du Rhone and a Somona Valley Zin. A good meal tonight will take care of one of 'em-probably fish of some sort. Surprise 40th b'day party for a friend tomorrow. Family day Sunday with another dinner/wine.

gmcunni

Friday night - pizza and beer (hopefully a run before so i don't feel guilty)

Saturday - pickup ski sundown pass, drop off skis @ ski market for free tune, shop ski market with 20% off coupon - woohoo!!, see new james bond movie, hit costco for "stuff". dinner likely to be one of costco's pre-made dishes.. i really like the chicken parm!

Sunday - sleeping late, ice skating with my daughter, rake leaves if not too wet.

Terry

Deer hunting tomorrow, batchelors party tomorrow night, and Skiing at SR sunday with a hangover!

drjeff

Friday was drive all over the Eastern 1/3rd of CT running errands and then dinner with the family @ Ruby Tuesday's

Saturday - A bunch of "Daddy Duty" stuff suring the day and then dinner with the wife at a snazzy restaurant

Sunday - attempt to avoid a trip to Plimoth Plantation with the wife/kids + in-laws :eek:

Glenn

Painted to top and shelf of the new work bench/ tuning bench. I'll post pics later.

Gotta sand some jambs and paint the 7 doors I hung last Sunday. Not a bad project on a crappy, rainy day. I can't do anything outside in this weather.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Last night, watched the Celtics stick up the Garden. Made my first batch of homemade sausage, brats and breakfast sausage, the latter I'll consume in an hour or so.

Today: breakfast with the lady, off to Portland to bartend and visit a friend

Tomorrow: Exercise, football

Status
Not open for further replies.