• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What Expansions are left

skiur

I spend my weekends at my nice fairly non crowded mid-sized home, mountain, ragged. I go to the bigger places mid week only. I never wait more than a couple minutes to get back on the lift.

this is the way to go it you can. If I'm going to drop cash to go to sugarbush, stowe, BW or another random bigger place, I have zero interest in dealing with weekend crowds at those places.

Im lucky thought, my wife and I have awesome employers, we can actually use days off and bail on work mid week and bring the kids on a ski fever sick day off from school.

While I agree that weekday skiing is better than dealing with weekend crowds, one drawback of weekday skiing is that many of the larger resorts dont run all their lifts during the week making it much harder to lap certain areas, or even requiring hiking to get to certain areas midweek.

Edd

While I agree that weekday skiing is better than dealing with weekend crowds, one drawback of weekday skiing is that many of the larger resorts dont run all their lifts during the week making it much harder to lap certain areas, or even requiring hiking to get to certain areas midweek.

Small potatoes though. I’m trying to think of examples.

-Sunday River closes the Oz and Locke chairs midweek. On both, most of the terrain can be accessed by traversing.

-I’ve seen Loon close South Peak mid-season for no discernible reason. I concluded it was cost cutting.

Can anyone think of other examples?

skiur

-Sunday River closes the Oz and Locke chairs midweek. On both, most of the terrain can be accessed by traversing.

-I’ve seen Loon close South Peak mid-season for no discernible reason. I concluded it was cost cutting.

K closes southridge quad during the week, doesnt run the needles chair, canyon, or bear chair everyday midweek either....Like I said, I would rather be there midweek without the crowds, and all that terrain can still be accessed, but doing laps in southridge is tough, you have to take two lifts to do it.

x10003q

The North Creek Ski Bowl area at Gore Mtn is not open today.

xlr8r

Glades Peak at Okemo

GregoryIsaacs

Rumor has it the new 2,500' vertical tram up the backside of Thunder Ridge is headed into permitting soon

Con someone tell me what the hell is going on at the summit area of Thunder Ridge?

I just looked on Google Earth and found what looked like pirate ships, space ships, helicopters camels, tents etc... needless to say I am very confused.

jaytrem

Con someone tell me what the hell is going on at the summit area of Thunder Ridge?

I just looked on Google Earth and found what looked like pirate ships, space ships, helicopters camels, tents etc... needless to say I am very confused.

Paintball?

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!

Thunder Ridge leases out land to a paintball place at the top of the Triple lift and they have a whole bunch of crazy props. They used to have a ski trail that went right through one of the paintball fields (not on the map for 7 years now). That's mostly what you're seeing. Also what you're seeing are the remains of a haunted house/hayride that the mountain used to do. All this in addition to regular ski area boneyard stuff (there's some old chairs back there I've spotted). I also wouldn't count out there being some leftovers from the Big Birch Game Farm from 60+ years ago.