• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What $hit show!

〽❄❅

Could be worse!! One of the owner's of the shop I get most of my gear at up at Mount Snow cross posted this picture taken at Mount Tremblant yesterday by one of his friends!!! :eek:
She is screaming to her husband, "F this $hit We need Backcountry Gear!"

drjeff

〽❄❅;927671 said:
She is screaming to her husband, "F this $hit We need Backcountry Gear!"

Either that or " take me to the bar and then the hot tub if you know what's good for you!!!!" Lol

JimG.

Staff member
Yeah...that was how it looked! I wanted to ski with my kids otherwise I would have passed.

SS lift was relatively empty and even with a small line the lift is fast. We put in many laps on Skyelark which was quite good with nice bumps on the lower headwall. That was our strategy both days we were there.

After 2 hours of bumps I didn't mind a few lift lines and slower skiing through the masses.

The crowds can be very entertaining!

Scruffy

SS lift was relatively empty and even with a small line the lift is fast. We put in many laps on Skyelark which was quite good with nice bumps on the lower headwall. That was our strategy both days we were there.

After 2 hours of bumps I didn't mind a few lift lines and slower skiing through the masses.

The crowds can be very entertaining!

That was my experience when I was there Tue and Wed. Super Star chair was relatively empty, and those that were there were not beginners like you'd find on Bunny Buster, so it was good skiing. Nice bumps formed on Skyelark as well.

benski

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1451739891.558515.jpgDownspout at sugarbush a couple days ago. Could ski it without almost hitting 3 people. Btw it was groomed the night before.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Last edited:

SkiFanE

I've had an awesome week. If you stick to the middle of blue trails - guess it's different for you lmao. 3 days in a row were natural bumps - yesterday was still great but getting scratchy between some bumps. At SR some trails had enough fresh snow for getting off man made snow - Aurora was best. My bases are pretty beat up but no core shots. Really great time - would never stay home because I didn't want to deal with people. Or just improve your skills and get off the beaten path :). To me the ratio of newbs on rentals to regulars was pretty high and that sucks - I lose my patience with their idiocy after awhile lol.

Tin

To me the ratio of newbs on rentals to regulars was pretty high and that sucks - I lose my patience with their idiocy after awhile lol.

Agreed, but without them and these weeks many of our favorite places wouldn't survive or expand. It sucks but must be done.

Robbski

Could be worse!! One of the owner's of the shop I get most of my gear at up at Mount Snow cross posted this picture taken at Mount Tremblant yesterday by one of his friends!!! :eek:

C'est ne pas Bon. Never been a big Tremblant fan and that picture tells much of the tale. Disneyesque village and thin cover finish the story. If I'm looking to ski in the true north I'll spend my loonies in the Quebec City area or the townships.

steamboat1

That was my experience when I was there Tue and Wed. Super Star chair was relatively empty, and those that were there were not beginners like you'd find on Bunny Buster, so it was good skiing. Nice bumps formed on Skyelark as well.

It's been a pain to get over there from the K-1 pod. The straight shot across from lower Bunny has been closed forcing you to schlep across from the base of the triple & K-1. You couldn't just ski straight through like usual. At least that's the way it was when I last skied there a little over a week ago. Blue Heaven & Launch Pad are supposed to open today giving access to the Superstar pod from K Peak. That makes things a lot easier. Bittersweet & upper Supe are supposed to open today too.

drjeff

Posting this from the Base Area Rapid Care building at Mount Snow - my daughter got cut off by someone who never stopped as they tried to thread the needle from behind and pass my daughter and her head glanced off the lift tower that was next to her at the time. Likely concussion based on her symptoms, time for a new POC helmet for her as hers has a decent gash in it where it glanced off the tower :eek:

Just gotta slow down, and not ski above ones ability - not a fun phone call to get as a parent from your kids coach to meet her at the medical care facility

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Posting this from the Base Area Rapid Care building at Mount Snow - my daughter got cut off by someone who never stopped as they tried to thread the needle from behind and pass my daughter and her head glanced off the lift tower that was next to her at the time. Likely concussion based on her symptoms, time for a new POC helmet for her as hers has a decent gash in it where it glanced off the tower :eek:

Just gotta slow down, and not ski above ones ability - not a fun phone call to get as a parent from your kids coach to meet her at the medical care facility

No padding on the tower ? I would think that any tower remotely close to a trail should have padding.

drjeff

No padding on the tower ? I would think that any tower remotely close to a trail should have padding.

There was padding on it on the "front" side of it wrapping 1/2 way around as every tower pad does, where she glanced off it was on the back side. Just a freak thing from how she got taken out

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
There was padding on it on the "front" side of it wrapping 1/2 way around as every tower pad does, where she glanced off it was on the back side. Just a freak thing from how she got taken out

My 9yr old had a concussion 2 yrs ago removing a chair from to top of his desk . I thought he was fine because he showed no symptoms of balance or cognition but while he was being evaluated in a booth that has moving walls he immediately got a headache and felt sick . He was restricted from reading and computer for 3 months .
He's fine now but I was amazed what the evaluation brought out.
Hope she's ok but worth further checkup.

prsboogie

Vibes to your daughter, that sux man. I'm sure he will get his!

drjeff

Thanks all! Diagnosed as a "minor" concussion, she's already doing much better than she was in the immediate few hours after it happened. She's most concerned now about not being able to use her iPad or read a book on the car ride home to CT tomorrow!