• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What is the North East's Craziest inbbounds territory? Do we have inbound killer area

bdfreetuna

Church @ Sugarbush (does this count as inbounds?)

Jay Peak Ridge especially if you drop in between Pump House and Face Chutes

certainly if you push the limits of the area called Paradise at MRG you can get in some hairy territory

Have never skied The Slides so can't compare... but the 3 I mentioned above most reliably make me nervous.

MadMadWorld

Church @ Sugarbush (does this count as inbounds?)

Jay Peak Ridge especially if you drop in between Pump House and Face Chutes

certainly if you push the limits of the area called Paradise at MRG you can get in some hairy territory

Have never skied The Slides so can't compare... but the 3 I mentioned above most reliably make me nervous.

Church is technically inbound if you go by ski area boundary.

C-Rex

Well that would make the answer easy. Nothing! Not in bounds. If there was, you'd hear about people dying all the time. Actually, the true answer is an intermediate or expert groomer with an intermediate that thinks there expert. Caught edge, tree, death.

Out of bounds or even in bounds you can always manufacture something. You could probably find some sick cliff in the Poconos with a nail the landing or hit a tree and die type of scenario.

Please, someone say K27 at Hunter. That's always worth a :-D

Not sure if I agree. There are definitely trails where once you commit and drop in you have to make certain expert moves and/or stick to a certain path or risk a very nasty fall. Corbet's Couloir at Jackson Hole comes to mind. I'm not saying everyone that falls there dies or is seriously injured, of course they don't, but there is very high potential for it. I think that's the kind of terrain the OP is talking about. A trail where there is no easier option and no backing out once committed.

I don't think there's much of that in the East aside form Jay's Face Chutes and the Slides at Whiteface. And, of course, everything is conditions dependent.

skiking4

That's one mans opinion. It makes my balls tingle.

Not even close to the same category as some of these other runs. It's basically a very short yet steep pitch but with no danger at all besides sliding to the bottom

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app