• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What the heck is going on at Magic?

slatham

That would explain why there's no snowmaking visible looking from Bromley. Very unfortunate given limited snowmaking windows. Guess it's the first weekend of Jan without some surprise dump.

The Sneak

Can't believe it was only recently that I thought about buying a 1 bed condo at Magic.

Why so much radio silence and or incompetence and or dishonesty from the owners and management?

Why can't anyone ever get a straight story?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prsboogie

Can't believe it was only recently that I thought about buying a 1 bed condo at Magic.

Why so much radio silence and or incompetence and or dishonesty from the owners and management?

Why can't anyone ever get a straight story?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I looked at them but the association fees were HIGH for not much to offer other than being on mountain.

JamaicaMan

Sad but true. This might be the season that breaks Q.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

There is only one person to point to for that: Stenger. He brought in the Q crew and more BS development without first taking care of the ski product. Burke Mountain.

Last edited:

MMP

Anyone get their family-4, or 3-packs that were purchased on cybermonday yet?

magicsales

Hey everyone, this is Shane, Director of Marketing for Magic. I wanted to get in here and clear the air as I do religiously read this thread and those on other sites to see what the general skiing public is thinking. It's a great way to see both the good and bad. Unfortunately, like many other Vermont mountains, Magic has had a tough start to the season. On Sunday night a transformer blew out and that cost us our first good snowmaking window of the season. It was not our pump that went. Green Mountain Power has since come out and made the necessary repairs to resolve the problem. Our snowmakers plan to get out later this week and into the weekend and get the guns going. The Red Chair is just about ready to go and will be certified very, very soon, we need to raise the counterweight and that requires a crane to come in, which has been scheduled. Black will be ready a couple weeks after the final touches are completed. The delay on Black is a result of having all hands on deck to complete the Red Chair in time for opening day. Speaking of opening day, based on my last conversation with our top snowmakers we hope to open January 9th. I apologize for all the confusion and frustration that surrounds the mountain and we are working to make things much smoother for our customers.

Smellytele

Hey everyone, this is Shane, Director of Marketing for Magic. I wanted to get in here and clear the air as I do religiously read this thread and those on other sites to see what the general skiing public is thinking. It's a great way to see both the good and bad. Unfortunately, like many other Vermont mountains, Magic has had a tough start to the season. On Sunday night a transformer blew out and that cost us our first good snowmaking window of the season. It was not our pump that went. Green Mountain Power has since come out and made the necessary repairs to resolve the problem. Our snowmakers plan to get out later this week and into the weekend and get the guns going. The Red Chair is just about ready to go and will be certified very, very soon, we need to raise the counterweight and that requires a crane to come in, which has been scheduled. Black will be ready a couple weeks after the final touches are completed. The delay on Black is a result of having all hands on deck to complete the Red Chair in time for opening day. Speaking of opening day, based on my last conversation with our top snowmakers we hope to open January 9th. I apologize for all the confusion and frustration that surrounds the mountain and we are working to make things much smoother for our customers.

This is great communication. Thanks for the update on everything. While it will please some to have this info others you will never please.