• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What the heck is going on at Magic?

Smellytele

just got the email announcement as well...

[h=1]Well, it's cutting it close, but there is some Breaking News for us all![/h]It may not feel like it outside, but Winter is Back and it's time to "Make Magic Stoked Again"!

Below is the press release sent out earlier this morning by SKI MAGIC LLC, the new ownership and operating group (yes, one unified entity!). More information to come, but Magic is going back to work after a long lay off...and there's a lot to do to get her ready for what sounds like a snowy winter season.

Please bear with us as we assemble all the key ingredients to "make Magic happen" over the next few weeks as the deal is scheduled to close in early October. As the press release says, operational work on the lifts and snowmaking will begin immediately, but the legal closing of the transaction and transfer of ownership in October will most likely be the time when new season passes go on sale to our great family of skiers and riders.

Thank you all for your patience as it always takes longer than any one would like to make a complicated transaction like this work for every one. And, we appreciate all parties involved in the transaction, past, present and future, coming together to do what's best for the long-term sustainability and improvement of Magic.

sull1102

Awesome! Congrats to the "new" team for getting the old guard the hell out of there, mountain will be much better for it. I do wonder if the now rather strange appearance of the lift repair company from Colorado to work on the Black Chair had anything to do with this moving another step closer to closing.

Sorcerer

Awesome! Congrats to the "new" team for getting the old guard the hell out of there, mountain will be much better for it. I do wonder if the now rather strange appearance of the lift repair company from Colorado to work on the Black Chair had anything to do with this moving another step closer to closing.

""I do wonder if the now rather strange appearance of the lift repair company from Colorado to work on the Black Chair had anything to do with this moving another step closer to closing.[/QUOTE]""

The lift repair company from Colorado is not a "strange appearance" . They've doing the lift maintenance at Magic for a number of years.

sull1102

""I do wonder if the now rather strange appearance of the lift repair company from Colorado to work on the Black Chair had anything to do with this moving another step closer to closing.
""

The lift repair company from Colorado is not a "strange appearance" . They've doing the lift maintenance at Magic for a number of years.[/QUOTE]

What I was more speaking to there was the fact that the lift repair co. showed up last week to work on Black and within a week of that TB and RL are on their way out the door. I guess we will find out in the coming months when the snow flies and the Red is spinning...

Sorcerer

""

The lift repair company from Colorado is not a "strange appearance" . They've doing the lift maintenance at Magic for a number of years.

What I was more speaking to there was the fact that the lift repair co. showed up last week to work on Black and within a week of that TB and RL are on their way out the door. I guess we will find out in the coming months when the snow flies and the Red is spinning...[/QUOTE]

He actually showed up the beginning of August.

sull1102

What I was more speaking to there was the fact that the lift repair co. showed up last week to work on Black and within a week of that TB and RL are on their way out the door. I guess we will find out in the coming months when the snow flies and the Red is spinning...

He actually showed up the beginning of August.[/QUOTE]

I was suggesting that perhaps repairs to the Black Chair played a role in the decision to actually sell seeing as posts here from certain parties seemed to suggest the sellers were not exactly helping move the process along.

doublediamond

The mountain and asset ownership backed out of the sale last year. Allegedly, one owner was upset at how some improvements want [read need] to be made and was pissed new ownership would "take away the charm of Magic" or some other bullshit.

slatham

The mountain and asset ownership backed out of the sale last year. Allegedly, one owner was upset at how some improvements want [read need] to be made and was pissed new ownership would "take away the charm of Magic" or some other bullshit.

Ha! So that was "charm" the previous owners offered last winter? They were delusional. Better things to come.

xwhaler

Excellent news. Look forward to making some turns at Magic this winter. Have a family place can stay at 25 mins from the mtn which makes it easy.

Same Thursday -Sunday operating schedule we think?

JamaicaMan

Yes. Same schedule. Although trying to open about a month earlier than last season ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Tin

Volunteer dates or just any Saturday you can get up there? Only an hour-twenty away these days and dying to get up there.

JamaicaMan

Yes, Exposing pipe on Sorce to mark for welding. Do Work and crew doing it for, well, Do Work.

Count on 9/17 and 10/8 as definite big Vol Days for now, but, may add another. There will be folks back up most weekends as there is a ton of trail and glade clearing and clean-up to get done as well as other projects.

steamboat1

Yes, Exposing pipe on Sorce to mark for welding. Do Work and crew doing it for, well, Do Work.

Count on 9/17 and 10/8 as definite big Vol Days for now, but, may add another. There will be folks back up most weekends as there is a ton of trail and glade clearing and clean-up to get done as well as other projects.

Why does this sound the same as last season?

Tin

4affc36b8df19c45304b4b08a9bec3d390a7523077cd81d1041cf2eabbd8a748_1.jpg

Newpylong

Because this is how local mountains that do not have corporate ownership and multi million $ cash infusions work. Volunteers and stakeholders come together and do what has to be done. It's not something you will learn at Killington (apparently.)