• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What the heck is going on at Magic?

MMP

word about specific lifts gets around. So why don't you pop a valium

well if it's "word" we're talking about. You have no idea what you're talking about. Shut up. Ski with RG. You guys can dress up as Neal and Bob on costume day.

MMP

I've said it before, let me know DeadHead. I ski with these assholes though. ;)

;) not applicable for MMP

i try not to ski with people that cant negotiate skiing through the beginner area without smashing into innocent older, skiers.

RustyGroomer

Just wanted to make sure you know MMP is a tremendous asshole. No winky. ;)

i try not to ski with people that cant negotiate skiing through the beginner area without smashing into innocent older, skiers.

Thank you for making my point & things clear.

I'm trying to take a lesson from a beautiful (think Susie Chapstick) instructor & MR. BIG DOUBLE DIAMOND comes & sideswipes me.

Newpylong

well if it's "word" we're talking about. You have no idea what you're talking about. Shut up. Ski with RG. You guys can dress up as Neal and Bob on costume day.

Jeez what's in the water down there? For folks who portray themselves to be good stewards of the mountain you people are downright nasty. I've seen middle schoolers with more maturity.

Last edited:

MMP

It's summer. We get nice when it snows. Imagine a bunch of people publicly speculating about your business, kid, wife, and not knowing what they're talking about.

Rusty is a tool , but if you have a problem with DW, likely you're an asshole. You should hate me. I'm a dick.

MMP

Maturity. Haha. I am no more or less mature than I was in middle school. Same guy.

MMP

Thank you for making my point & things clear.

I'm trying to take a lesson from a beautiful (think Susie Chapstick) instructor & MR. BIG DOUBLE DIAMOND comes & sideswipes me.

Nice stem christi, loser

Do Work

Jeez what's in the water down there? For folks who portray themselves to be good stewards of the mountain you people are downright nasty. I've seen middle schoolers with more maturity.

Dude you're spreading "word" aka rumors in a thread that we're trying to use to answer questions and build confidence in. Call us middle schoolers all you want but you're showing yourself to be no better than the average high school girl when you do such things and then cry about peoples' reactions. I'd even address your rumor's ridiculousness in specific terms but it's now far more fun to make jokes at your expense.

Seriously man, why don't you poke the bear a little harder and play the victim a little more. Lol.

VTKilarney

Dude you're spreading "word" aka rumors in a thread that we're trying to use to answer questions and build confidence in. Call us middle schoolers all you want but you're showing yourself to be no better than the average high school girl when you do such things and then cry about peoples' reactions. I'd even address your rumor's ridiculousness in specific terms but it's now far more fun to make jokes at your expense.

Seriously man, why don't you poke the bear a little harder and play the victim a little more. Lol.
I think you mean well, but you really need to take a deep breath. It's a PERFECTLY valid question in an internet ski forum to ask how a ski area can break even with only 20,000 skier visits a year.

If you really want to garner good will and confidence, then give a good explanation to a valid question. If that includes correcting misinformation, then go ahead and do that.

The fact that you take this stuff personally means that you care a lot about the mountain, which is great. But you can't let it get the better of you, which is what seems to be happening.

MMP

I think you mean well, but you really need to take a deep breath. It's a PERFECTLY valid question in an internet ski forum to ask how a ski area can break even with only 20,000 skier visits a year.

If you really want to garner good will and confidence, then give a good explanation to a valid question. If that includes correcting misinformation, then go ahead and do that.

The fact that you take this stuff personally means that you care a lot about the mountain, which is great. But you can't let it get the better of you, which is what seems to be happening.

When you have no idea what their expenses are how can you make any estimation on how viable their business is, or how profitable their number of skiers is? It's irresponsible, ill-informed and ignorant. But by all means proceed, and then tell DW your thoughts on his psychological approach to managing his feeling.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Not to mention they've broken even at that level- and even made a modest profit in years past. All without a really well organized ski school and a dismal rental situation. Even just incremental improvements could net them a good profit as long as they keep their operating costs low.

Agreed. Maybe a club is appropriate

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Do Work

There is no getting the better of me, there's just not being able to handle what I have to say about your opinion. Also I already referred to "simple math" in the obvious sense of very low operating costs meaning a very low break even point. I was more surprised at the "well I talked to a guy with no direct experience and he said..." Kind of shit. I mean coooooome oooooon.

I think I've done a pretty good job of explaining myself so far but that just struck me as obnoxious. The fact that everyone else has been so thin skinned at my taking issue with it does not bode well for future relations haha... Maybe you guys aren't cut out for Magic after all hahaha :flag: