• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What the heck is going on at Magic?

dlague

So should we have said nothing and let the tragedy just unfold? Should we have let tom just not blow snow because the pump was not running. Many of us have bought passes and 3/packs. Should we just wait for natural snow and skin up. When would you have spoken out about this? In the spring? It sucks all around but they have a commitment to at least try at some point. It's the first week of January and we still don't have a lift ready/ inspected.

I get that and it is fine pointing out issues but the venomous tone here is a bit crazy. Not all just a few. The Burke thread has the same issue. I like Magic and I will ski it this season at least once but i cannot get too worked up since my stake in Magic is minimal and if it does not work out then I can just go elsewhere.

doublediamond

When you've been lied to, misled, and strung along by how many management companies in a row, especially on snowmaking issues and lift maintenance/inspections, and rather than publicly confronting the issues, the delete comments or ban you on Facebook, it's very reasonable that people's tone to get that way.

What do you expect when mountain ownership allows this behavior repeatilly by several leasers, and the current lease holder is a minor stakeholder in the property?

This has gotten so bad that ownership may even lose their shirt in the mountain at some point!

UYSDYP

Saturday (or Sunday or?)

Attachments

• 1452082712530.jpg
    1452082712530.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 123

JamaicaMan

An important day (despite a month late...). Expecting it to pass!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

drjeff

Buy a round on the shot ski, get 50% off on a new pair of skins! ;)

Fingers crossed for the Red, as if it all works out well between inspection and getting open and Magic being able to hold a race, I'll be riding the Red a week from Sunday!