• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What's going on at Gunstock?

deadheadskier

Staff member
I think the skiing has been pretty good the times I've been. The only complaint I've really had this season was the one day when there were wind holds and I thought they could have communicated things a bit better.

Overall though, the snowmaking has been plentiful and I've been happy with conditions the times I've gone. Looking forward to heading up there tomorrow.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Sounds like a liftie wasn't paying attention. That article is really poorly written and the two page jump is hard to notice and is to over look, which is important because the management's response to the accusation is on the second page. Sounds like a quote may have been misconstrued or taken out of context but we can't know because the reporter didn't do their job and find the article and either quote or link to it.

Nothing to see here, unless more information is forthcoming.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Too bad. Sounds like the liftie did not see or hear them, which is not good. They are supposed to look up the liftline as they load and keep tabs of things. But as Riv said there are just not enough details about what happened and more focus on what the guy did or did not say.....

podunk77

Shout out to the dad for saying he doesn't hold any animosity toward the place and will ski there again (a much needed voice of reason in this litigious age). Hopefully Gunstock will reciprocate and all parties will come away from the event feeling mutually heard and respected. Kids obviously learn from what they see adults do, so a rational resolution to this would be cool.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I skied with him for a few runs yesterday and had honestly forgotten about the accident to inquire what he knew. My interest was more discussing the virtues of the mountain for what it is and how they're trying to improve on little things here and there to be the best at what they are - a well managed, affordable and convenient destination for families. He's got a lot of passion for the place and I sense the same in all the employees that I encounter there. I'm sure they've handled the situation with a lot more professionalism than the news article suggests.

Oh, and I also wanted his ear to push for more moguls! ;) :lol: