• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What's the deal with 20+ line signatures ?

WWF-VT

It seems like quite a few posters here have way too many lines in their signatures listing how many days they have skied over the past few years, this years list of the resorts and dates, etc.

Besides taking up more real estate on a given web page than necessary, what is the reason why you feel compelled to provide us with those lists ?

AdironRider

It seems like quite a few posters here have way too many lines in their signatures listing how many days they have skied over the past few years, this years list of the resorts and dates, etc.

Besides taking up more real estate on a given web page than necessary, what is the reason why you feel compelled to provide us with those lists ?

For a long time it was just an overall tally of days, which I took part in and have promptly forgotten how to edit.

That being said, no one gives a damn that you skied Ragged on 1/29/2012 and it just looks stupid.

AdironRider

Ok Im going to give you shit for "planned days that were missed". That should result in more than just banning, preferably nuke from orbit.

skiNEwhere

That being said, no one gives a damn that you skied Ragged on 1/29/2012 and it just looks stupid.

Honestly I think more people should have them.....not everyone posts a trip report everytime they ski, and say I do want to ski ragged in the coming week, I could sent you a PM because I saw you skied there recently and ask how the conditions were, how much base is in the glades, etc.

skiNEwhere

You do realize you can turn off signatures on the full version as well.....

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1402522978.429071.jpg

AdironRider

Honestly I think more people should have them.....not everyone posts a trip report everytime they ski, and say I do want to ski ragged in the coming week, I could sent you a PM because I saw you skied there recently and ask how the conditions were, how much base is in the glades, etc.

You seriously going to do that?

FYI Im not replying to those PMs.

skiNEwhere

Yes, how are the conditions at ragged right now????:slap:

Not you as in you personally......you as in people on this board in general....sheesh

Skied Ragged before anyways. I can think of many other places I'd want to ski before I went there again.

WWF-VT

Ok Im going to give you shit for "planned days that were missed". That should result in more than just banning, preferably nuke from orbit.

"Planned trips missed" should each get their own line and where you planned to ski/ride, without that detail sharing that information is useless

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Sounds like the good case for a calander/ roll call forum

drjeff

I'm just waiting for someone to have their signatures keep track of their # of PBR's drank! ;) :beer: