• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What's the word on Ragged (NH)

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
My littlest tyke is badgering me to go to Ragged tommorrow. It's a great place for the small ones and it's low stress for the parental ones.

Any word on how conditions are at Ragged?

If not there, perhaps a nearby report - Sunapee, Tenney, Pats?

Thanks,

Joshua B

Like the earlier thread on Magic, your best skiing at Tenney and Ragged will be in times of great natural snowfall. Pat's Peak and Sunapee use their snowmaking systems on a larger scale than Tenney and Ragged, so they're ready for you now with close to 100% of their terrain open.

hammer

I'd recommend Pats over Ragged at this point...they have all of their trails open, and although they don't have as much vertical they do have some good steeps if you need more of a challenge.

Sunapee's also a good option, although it's a lot busier than Pats IMO.

One other option for you is Crotched...about the same drive time as Pats, and they are also 100% open. Even when the parking lot was filled, the longest time I waited in a lift line there was maybe 2 minutes.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
crotched

hammer said:
I'd recommend Pats over Ragged at this point...they have all of their trails open, and although they don't have as much vertical they do have some good steeps if you need more of a challenge.

Sunapee's also a good option, although it's a lot busier than Pats IMO.

One other option for you is Crotched...about the same drive time as Pats, and they are also 100% open. Even when the parking lot was filled, the longest time I waited in a lift line there was maybe 2 minutes.

Good idea. Yes, I was considering Crotched, seriously. They have a lot going for them, esp. with small kids. With all the new lifts, I have never heard of a line and (for me) they are starting a NASTAR program which kicks off tommorrow.
(To be quite honest, my 9 YO would probably have no clue what resort we end up at, since she doesn't pay attention to the driving or signs!)

Yes, I went back to Sunapee for the first time in a long time a couple years ago. Far too crowded on a weekend for me.

Thanks!

ctenidae

I was at Gunstock on Monday. Nice mountain- nothing amazing with the glades closed, but friendly, not too crowded, and close (2 hours from Boston, about the same as Sunapee).

Joshua B

riverc0il said:
http://www.thesnowway.com/ski/2003/ragged.htm

two thumbs up for ragged for what it is.

From me too, but the specific question is whether he should go to Ragged *tomorrow*. They currently have 17 out of 50 trails open.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Joshua B said:
riverc0il said:
http://www.thesnowway.com/ski/2003/ragged.htm

two thumbs up for ragged for what it is.

From me too, but the specific question is whether he should go to Ragged *tomorrow*. They currently have 17 out of 50 trails open.

I'm probably going to Crotched, even though have have about 17 trails too. Besides, a Crotched day ticket is good till 5pm!

I still like Ragged and so do my kidz. It is just a matter of what you get.

Thanks all.