• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

When will Killington be open top to bottom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

where's the snow

Killy is about a 6-7 hour drive for me. As bad as I want to ski im not gonna make the drive until more than 600 feet of vertical is involved. Just wondering if anyone had the inside scoop? Night time temps look to be pretty cold the next few nights so im hopeful. The wife has imposed a June-October skiing ban on me so im looking to make turns November 1st just hoping it on more vert than 600. Thanks!

Huck_It_Baby

Honestly I was hoping for top to bottom by next weekend but not sure if the weather will allow.

6-7 hours is a long drive for 1 run whether it's top to bottom or not.

yeggous

This is really a question of priority for management. Temperatures look good for the next two days, but there is a big warm up coming later in the week. Mountain ops is going to be faced with the choice of blowing top-to-bottom and hoping it survives the warm and wet weather, or really build their base in the Northridge area. I am sure Northridge will survive if they keep hammering that area, but am less than sure that Great Northern will survive if they pound it for two days.

where's the snow

My local hill doesn't open until December 15th I cant wait. I need to move back to Vermont..silly work

ScottySkis

Check snowforecast.com and High peaks forecast from NOAA for Killington.

I think they like to open top to bottom as soon as they could.

skifree

i remember working remote from the schwendi hut at waterville a few years back.
one of the best work days ever.

steamboat1

Sounds like they're only snow making up high. They got a bunch more trails online over the weekend including Downdraft headwall which is a legitimate expert run. Sounds like Powerline will be online soon also. Trail count is up to 8 according to the website.

Puck it

They will not be going top to bottom for a couple of weeks unless the weather changes to a consistent cold pattern. They need to hammer the upper mountain to make sure they remain open. I would top to bottom by 11/18 the earliest.

Highway Star

Unless the weather report changes, I would not expect top to bottom for this weekend. The warmup on Thursday will not make it worthwhile. They will most likely use the next few days to lay down a thick base on Rime, Reason and Upper East Fall, while possibly expanding to Lower Ridge Run in addition to the trails they opened today.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=43.60724507891402&lon=-72.81944274902344

This Afternoon A 20 percent chance of snow showers before 3pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 35. Windy, with a northwest wind 29 to 34 mph decreasing to 21 to 26 mph. Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 17. Blustery, with a north wind 17 to 22 mph decreasing to 9 to 14 mph after midnight.

Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 30. Northwest wind 6 to 8 mph.

Tuesday Night Increasing clouds, with a low around 21. Southwest wind 7 to 14 mph.

Wednesday A 40 percent chance of snow showers before 1pm. Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 33. West wind 5 to 8 mph. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 27. Southwest wind 3 to 7 mph.

Thursday A chance of rain and snow showers before 9am, then a chance of rain showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 48. South wind 8 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Thursday Night Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 45. Breezy, with a south wind 17 to 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Friday Showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 53. Breezy, with a southwest wind 18 to 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Friday Night A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39. Southwest wind 13 to 17 mph.

Saturday A 30 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 46. Southwest wind around 11 mph.

Saturday Night A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. West wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Sunday A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37. West wind 13 to 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

4aprice

Sounds like they're only snow making up high. They got a bunch more trails online over the weekend including Downdraft headwall which is a legitimate expert run. Sounds like Powerline will be online soon also. Trail count is up to 8 according to the website.

They make snow on Powerline?

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

jimmywilson69

They have done this in the past. They use the hydrants on Rime and drag the guns/hoses through the trees. Hopefully they a lay nice base down in there and then it can bump up for the rest of the winter. I love that little shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.