• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

When will skiing start?

luizc

Hello new friends! I am sorry I am not posting with friends in so long but am looking forward to my new year and skiing. I dont know when we can ski though?

speden

A few trails may open early, but probably most places won't open until late November. Last year I think most places opened around November 22ish. It all depends on when the cold snaps come and go.

If you want a lot of trails open before you go, that may not happen until sometime in December.

bobbutts

Looks like we have a good chance of below normal starting about a week from now and possibly a storm at the beginning of that. I'd guess we'll see lots of openings on Nov 14

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
The 14th will drive my wife nuts. That is the day we stock up the condo at Hunter every year and "move" in for the winter. I will press for Friday night if it looks promising. Gotta get on skis..too many Family and friends passed away this year...Im stressed:blink: