• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

When You Retire.....

ta&idaho

I hear Idaho has some really stupid nice lakes.

I'll drink to that. :beer:

payette_lake_winter.jpg

payette_lake_summer.JPG

4aprice

Both those pictures look sweet. The red boat in the 2nd pic looks like ours except ours is green. Just the kind of situation we want to get into. Been eyeing some of the resevoirs out side of Salt Lake for boating. If I find a good lake out west it would increase the chances of us going out there for good. I wish Winnpesaukee was in the west. What lakes are those?

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

bvibert

Staff member
But once you're dead, what they gonna do, arrest you? :dunce:

Hey, speaking of legalities, has your wife bought off on this plan? ;)

For some reason she thinks she's going to kick the bucket first, so I'm free to arrange my own funeral as I please. :beer:

ta&idaho

Both those pictures look sweet. The red boat in the 2nd pic looks like ours except ours is green. Just the kind of situation we want to get into. Been eyeing some of the resevoirs out side of Salt Lake for boating. If I find a good lake out west it would increase the chances of us going out there for good. I wish Winnpesaukee was in the west. What lakes are those?

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

That's Payette Lake in McCall, Idaho (about two hours north of Boise). Great place to visit in both summer and winter (Brundage Mountain is about fifteen minutes away).

Lake Pend Orielle up in Sandpoint is also beautiful (and MUCH larger). I hear good things about Schweitzer, but I've never skied it.

Mike P.

Honestly, it will be fairly close to the kids. (Unless they get jobs in Iowa or Illinois). 65 & 70 year old knees & hips don't work the same so a big ski mountain or Jackson Hole so I can climb the grand probably won's be high on the list then.

If kids or family were not an issue, a slightly warmer climate or close proximity to the peaks might be nice. I'm a hiker not a skier so North Carolina & TN or maybe AZ or NM sound nice. My wife likes the beach so AZ & NM won't work, NC will, maybe a 55+ condo near the beach & a 2nd home in Asheville......

Last edited: