• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where to go Sunday in NH

xlr8r

I am trying to decide if it is worth skiing tomorrow. I am split between heading back to Cannon, which was frozen solid last week, or going to Sunapee. I really don't want hardpack conditions like last week, and it looks like Cannon might still be too cold tomorrow.

Any thoughts or first hand reports from NH.

Bumpsis

Asking myself the same question. I skied Cannon last sunday and it was quite firm on majority of slopes, including groomers. But there were a few that really did ski well. Sharp edges and decisive edging technique was a must, but it was possible to have fun.
I would bet that today Sunapee is skiing well. Sun's out and temps are supposed to be in the 40's.

Tomorrow, according to Winn's Snowforecst: http://www.snowforecast.com/usa-forecasts/new-england-usa/new-hampshire
Sunapee will have higher temps than Cannon so there is a chance that it will be softer, but then there is the possibilty of precipitation. Cannon may get it in form of snow, Sunapee, a mix. meaning, there may be rain for a while.

Right now, I leaning towards skiing Cannon.

Savemeasammy

I just got back from Sunapee. I decided to stay "south" because of weather concerns. It was pretty good, and I have no issues recommending it. It got a little sluggish in the afternoon on the flatter trails (which my 5 year old insisted on going on...). If you stick to the steeper stuff (steep being a relative term here!), you should have a good time. Most of the mountain is still open, and the lifts were all ski-on as you'd expect.

bobbutts

was also at Sunapee, it's spring conditions with lots of soft snow
bumps aren't 1/2 bad either, some under the n. peak triple and also a short section under the sun bowl quad

JDMRoma

was at BW yesterday, all good thats open. softer/wetish at the bottom. run outs getting thin and brown but upper trails are fine.
place was empty yesterday, ski on all day

Driving by canon on the way home, looked empty as well

57stevey

was at BW yesterday, all good thats open. softer/wetish at the bottom. run outs getting thin and brown but upper trails are fine.
place was empty yesterday, ski on all day

Driving by canon on the way home, looked empty as well

Thanks. Hitting up BW on Monday.

xlr8r

Ended up playing it safe and went to Sunapee. A great day to close out my season. Weather had everything from sunny to intense quick snow and rain showers. Excellent spring conditions.