• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where to ski Wednesday?

MG Skier

Hello AZ folks,

My local hills are closed Wednesday.....I am feeling a sick day and it couldn't happen today but Wednesday looks promising. :lol:

I don't mind the drive, who is going to survive tomorrows rain the best? Or should I just plan for a slush fest and bring my Slush Puppy flavorings?

Thanks

bdfreetuna

Rebecca the weather lady says tomorrow's rain could be mix and wet snow amounting to half a foot in higher elevations in northern NY NH VT Maine

If you go north enough, Wednesday might not suck if you lap the tops of mountains.

Thursday/Friday don't get your hopes up.

snoseek

I bet laps on the skyline chair at the loaf wont suck but who knows. Tomorrow has potential up at the Cat but it definitely looks like some mixing especially in the evening.

Jully

I bet laps on the skyline chair at the loaf wont suck but who knows. Tomorrow has potential up at the Cat but it definitely looks like some mixing especially in the evening.

I'm considering trying to swing a trip to the loaf this weekend. Haven't been up this year and I miss it a lot. Problem is I'm not trying to participate Reggae this year, and its just a crowded weekend if you're not looking for the Reggae scene.

MG Skier

Well, it looks like a crap shoot to the slush-fest for Wednesday.....thanks for the input, maybe I will hold on to the "sick day" and stretch the weekend instead. I have an afternoon commitment so Maine and Canada are out. thanks for the input.

Smellytele

Well, it looks like a crap shoot to the slush-fest for Wednesday.....thanks for the input, maybe I will hold on to the "sick day" and stretch the weekend instead. I have an afternoon commitment so Maine and Canada are out. thanks for the input.

Today would have been the day at Wildcat -
Snow before 5pm, then snow, possibly mixed with sleet. High near 27. Southeast wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow and sleet accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.

MG Skier

I couldn't make it happen today, and it has been pouring outside my office err umm classroom all day. Just itching to ski been a tough season injury and work-wise. I may just point the truck north early in the AM check reports and see where I land, if I even go.

kingslug

I looked at a few reports, only cared about the upper mt ones. Most reports are for the town which doesn't help much. On the snow is the most optimistic, they had the 2 footer. They where close with the last storm to hit though. K got 14 inches and Stowe got 10.
This has all changed now though. 9 inches predicted for Thursday which...I'm hoping for.